Obama and his Lying Issues

Fairweather

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they have homes to fill with it with, yes.

You're worried about homelessness? Good God, man, there are people out there with substandard health insurance!

There's nothing another gov't program can't solve. No more homeless! And it will be 'affordable' too!

Hopefully they launch the program with a nifty website - 'getahome.gov'

So, let's say your big gooey dream of single payer is finally realized here in Amerika. How much should this fictitious society spend to squeeze an extra year of life out of, say, a 78 year old guy like Ivan who has chain smoked all his life and now has stage 4 lung cancer? $250,000? $4 million? No limit? Sorry, but this is not tenable. And at the end of the day, is having a government bureaucrat make the final decision on Ivan's fate any less horrifying to you than letting the soulless invisible hand of the market make the same choice?

We should do what Bahrain does and feed him to the sharks, that's why their life expectancy is so high. Duh! Try to follow along

So, let's say your big gooey dream of single payer is finally realized here in Amerika. How much should this fictitious society spend to squeeze an extra year of life out of, say, a 78 year old guy like Ivan who has chain smoked all his life and now has stage 4 lung cancer? $250,000? $4 million? No limit? Sorry, but this is not tenable. And at the end of the day, is having a government bureaucrat make the final decision on Ivan's fate any less horrifying to you than letting the soulless invisible hand of the market make the same choice?

We should do what Bahrain does and feed him to the sharks, that's why their life expectancy is so high. Duh! Try to follow along

How about a serious answer?

Sorry, I reserve those for serious questions!

Naw, you just don't want to answer it because you know your view has a serious flaw that you can't navigate. Democrats: simple solutions for simple minds.

You think? maybe it's because in your mind there are only two options for people with stage IV lung cancer and both involve letting them die? I think you're doing it wrong

Sorry, I reserve those for serious questions!

Naw, you just don't want to answer it because you know your view has a serious flaw that you can't navigate. Democrats: simple solutions for simple minds.

You think? maybe it's because in your mind there are only two options for people with stage IV lung cancer and both involve letting them die? I think you're doing it wrong

Reading comprehension, Rob. Try to focus. How much should your bureaucrats spend to keep Ivan alive? And remember, this was a lifestyle choice--and getting Ivan to his 80th b-day isn't gonna be cheap!

Edited by Fairweather

Reading comprehension, Rob. Try to focus. How much should your bureaucrats spend to keep Ivan alive? And remember, this was a lifestyle choice--and getting Ivan to his 80th b-day isn't gonna be cheap!

What a weird world you've invented in which healthcare is withheld if the illness is "their fault" -- is it lonely over there?

What a weird world you've invented in which healthcare is withheld if the illness is "their fault" -- is it lonely over there?

It's not my invention--it's yours. Good intentions gone bad. Seems to be a common theme with you lefties.

How much should this fictitious society spend to squeeze an extra year of life out of, say, a 78 year old guy like Ivan who has chain smoked all his life and now has stage 4 lung cancer? $250,000?

i only chain-smoke when putting Capitalist Fat-Cats against the wall for Special Attention - the rest of the time i just bullshit about chain-smoke'n, so i oughta be alright :)

Edited by ivan

indeed, for a man who fears Big Gubimint micro-managing our freedoms, where do you see the rabbit-hole of deciding which human behaviors deserve coverage or not hits bottom? hot chicks have to pay ten times higher premiums b/c they're 10X more likely to get the clap? no coverage for donut-fans? no covering tendon-pulls nor rectal sores for gay sport climbers? :)

at any rate, the big boozers, bastards, brawlers n' butt-smokers i've known over the years are/were inveterate doctor-haters and don't generally use any of the services they pay for in their youth and usually accept death pretty rapidly when it wanders their way in the form of cancer, heart-failure, etc.

Edited by ivan

Dogooders: trans fats today, smokes tomorrow. (Oops, I almost forgot; there's that whole tax revenue/uncollected social security/complicity model of government standing in the way of cigarette bannination.)

cigs shouldn't be banned, but clearly the days of my youth when they were practically free was So Big retard. the main problem i see w/ a huge increase in the sin tax is that, at some point, you create fertile ground for a black-market to arise. there has to be some sweet point before that problem becomes too big, but yet still you achieve a combination of disincentivizing smokers and paying to treat them when (or if, shit, like the stats say, there's plenty of granola-eaters getting kilt in their cars) it all goes bad

The Big Man will likely outlive Little Angry - and have better memories to ease his passage into the Skyland of the Bodacious Tatas to boot.

In any case, he'll accept his fate as he does now - sans all the innernutz whinging over jumping in the sack with You - Nighty Night! Healthcare.com.

Fawked by the Free Market. It's an old, boring story.

The Big Man will likely outlive Little Angry - and have better memories to ease his passage into the Skyland of the Bodacious Tatas to boot.

In any case, he'll accept his fate as he does now - sans all the innernutz whinging over jumping in the sack with You - Nighty Night! Healthcare.com.

Fawked by the Free Market. It's an old, boring story.

Hard to discern what, exactly, you're trying to say enamored as you are with your own prose.

It's a good thing no other countries with government-run health care programs have ever had to deal with this whole cigarette-smoking guy scenario...

I mean Jesus, really?

Some of which have more smokers per capita and still spend less on healthcare and have a higher lifespan. Reality must really piss FW off.