Obama and his Lying Issues

Fairweather

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AKA, the day Obama gave the mullahs a green light to finish their bomb. :tdown:

hysterical pollyannas, perpetually humorous...

hypocrisy is poison itself - why does the usa get the right to point nukes at every nook n' cranny of the world, yet nobody else? why would you expect anybody living in iran to accept this clear inanity?

why would you expect anybody living in iran to accept this clear inanity?

Um, because even the Iranian people know their religious leaders are fucking insane?

:rolleyes: Still, gotta love your self-loathing lib thang. And that endless harping obsession with "fairness." Either way, your malady is likely more a sign of inculcation than an indication of a well considered opinion. Well, anyhow, there is the whole secular government (we) versus islamic government (them) perspective. Micro level, this is to say, I don't feel the least bit the hypocrite knowing that the alcoholic-insane-evangelical-antisemite-wifebeater guy who lives down the street doesn't have guns and I do. Makes for better sleep. Even if it's not technically fair.

Um, because even the Iranian people know their religious leaders are fucking insane?

yup, and them russians never had a fucking insane ruler equiped w/ nukes, or the french, or us for that matter...

:rolleyes: Still, gotta love your self-loathing lib thang. And that endless harping obsession with "fairness." Either way, your malady is likely more a sign of inculcation than an indication of a well considered opinion. Well, anyhow, there is the whole secular government (we) versus islamic government (them) perspective. Micro level, this is to say, I don't feel the least bit the hypocrite knowing that the alcoholic-insane-evangelical-antisemite-wifebeater guy who lives down the street doesn't have guns and I do. Makes for better sleep. Even if it's not technically fair.

secular government my ass. When you have "In God We Trust" on your currency it clearly shows this is not a secular country. I think you are mistaking secular government with freedom of religion. At least in Persia they don't pretend.

yup, and them russians never had a fucking insane ruler equiped w/ nukes, or the french, or us for that matter...

I trust Kruschev, Reagan, or Mitterand with a nuclear arsenal any day over Ahmadinejad or his successor.

The military doctrine starting from the 50's in the entire Warsaw pact was small nuclear strikes followed by armored divisions within 4 hours. So much for your trust to russians.

I trust Kruschev, Reagan, or Mitterand with a nuclear arsenal any day over Ahmadinejad or his successor.

enemies are defined by a lack of trust, so it's a side-show argument

my point is it's blatant machiavellianism to assert our rights to have nukes while denying it to others (and blithely ignoring it when israel creates their own) - our nation would never tolerate being dictated to in this fashion - if iran invented a nifty new death-ray but threatened us w/ military strikes if we tried to create one for ourself, we'd go ape-shit, and rightly so.

nukes are deeply troubling and there is no ideal solution since the technology can't be un-invented. if we won't give ours up, it's silly to expect nations that percieve us as their enemeies wouldn't want to develop their own. the essential logic of MAD during the cold war worked. iran can have nukes, and i'd hardly be happy about, but that's the bitter-bit. the only thing to do is to remind them we have a whole-lot more and that we have a track-record of using the damn things, so they oughta mind their p's'n'q's :)

enemies are defined by a lack of trust, so it's a side-show argument

my point is it's blatant machiavellianism to assert our rights to have nukes while denying it to others (and blithely ignoring it when israel creates their own) - our nation would never tolerate being dictated to in this fashion - if iran invented a nifty new death-ray but threatened us w/ military strikes if we tried to create one for ourself, we'd go ape-shit, and rightly so.

nukes are deeply troubling and there is no ideal solution since the technology can't be un-invented. if we won't give ours up, it's silly to expect nations that percieve us as their enemeies wouldn't want to develop their own. the essential logic of MAD during the cold war worked. iran can have nukes, and i'd hardly be happy about, but that's the bitter-bit. the only thing to do is to remind them we have a whole-lot more and that we have a track-record of using the damn things, so they oughta mind their p's'n'q's :)

I'd rather we reduced stock piles some, while not proliferating to new nations. Really, the last thing we need are more arms races, or just one nuclear war caused by one unstable nation, and the chances of this only increase with more countries armed to the teeth.

And seriously, you argue the way you do about nukes, but are for gun control, more strict gun-control, etc? An issue that is just the same thing on a micro-scale.

I'd rather we reduced stock piles some, while not proliferating to new nations. Really, the last thing we need are more arms races, or just one nuclear war caused by one unstable nation, and the chances of this only increase with more countries armed to the teeth.

i disagree w/ the notion that it for the usa to decide what weapons other sovereign nations will have. i don't like the rabbit-hole that entails going down, but that is the inevitable result of the libtard-philosophy that nations, like people, should be treated as equals

And seriously, you argue the way you do about nukes, but are for gun control, more strict gun-control, etc? An issue that is just the same thing on a micro-scale.

i don't see the connection you're making. i also have no iron-in-the-fire for gun control. i like the faceitious "1787 solution" whereby everone's restricted to just muskets, but know that's terribly unrealistic. i'm luke-warm on the assault weapons ban as the hassle of the politics doesn't seem worth the minimal results.

i disagree w/ the notion that it for the usa to decide what weapons other sovereign nations will have. i don't like the rabbit-hole that entails going down, but that is the inevitable result of the libtard-philosophy that nations, like people, should be treated as equals

nations are not equals. neithe are people.

you don't treat the president the same as Charles Manson.

Nor do you treat N. Korea the same as Switzerland.

Sorry, just doesn't fly.

Now that I think about it, where is our own self appointed divine A-thor-Tee, trashmaster, when you need him? It must be another early Festivus miracle... Banzed again, banzed again, perhaps??? Holy Halleluiah Batman, dog does answer prayers!

Beware, for he is a man of many disguises and passwords. He is sometimes revealed as Ivan's doppelganger by his distaste for all lower case and his insatiable love of self. :)

The military doctrine starting from the 50's in the entire Warsaw pact was small nuclear strikes followed by armored divisions within 4 hours. So much for your trust to russians.

The doctrine you speak of was limited to Europe--more specifically, the Fulda Gap. Little to do with the intercontinental MAD strategy that saw nuclear-armed ships, aircraft, and submarines with specific target lists on patrol 24/7/365 for nearly fifty years.

I still believe that we were safer back in the days when the nukes were held exclusively by the US, USSR. We kept them in check; they kept us in check. And we both cared enough about the collective fate of our citizens to avoid a nuclear catastrophe. I'm not sure this is true for the kooks running Iran.

i also have no iron-in-the-fire for gun control. i like the faceitious "1787 solution" whereby everone's restricted to just muskets, but know that's terribly unrealistic.

You have repeated this here numerous times and you should abandon this argument once and for all. By this logic, first amendment press freedoms should apply only to hand-set type printing presses--and post-1787 television, radio, internet, and other modern social media should be subject to strict government control. :rolleyes:

next time i'm at the national archives, i'll be sure to bust into the display case and edit tj's magnum opus for you then :)

Jefferson's larger hypocrisy goes a long, long way toward esssplaining the modern american liberal psychosis.

so, just to get you on the record here then, you admit the entire foundational american ideal of equality for all is bullshit? :) i'm fine w/ talking to cynical assholes, so long as the cards sit square upon the table. your country, right or wrong, and you and yours more deserving within that country. i'm sure that's a grand place to occupy.

the nice thing about being an atheist is not having to defend angels - ole'tj, a man i much enjoy discussing on and who's school i spent many of the best days of my life, was no god, but a politician, the very meanest sort of demi-god - he had some sublime ideas, good guiding-rods as we ramble on into the future - plenty of flaws to pick from too - obama could literally be his son.

the ideal is the issue though. you either believe in the ideal of equality, that noble goal which does in fact fly in spite of nature's fashion, or you shut the fuck up when the "star spangled banner" gets played, see?

Now that I think about it, where is our own self appointed divine A-thor-Tee, trashmaster, when you need him? It must be another early Festivus miracle... Banzed again, banzed again, perhaps??? Holy Halleluiah Batman, dog does answer prayers!

Beware, for he is a man of many disguises and passwords. He is sometimes revealed as Ivan's doppelganger by his distaste for all lower case and his insatiable love of self. :)

hardly. the chief difference between me n' he is ole'pat has little compunction about labeling a prick a prick, and awful quick, whereas i have this bizarre 'try to get along w/ your fellow cock-suckers' mentality. as to being in love with yerself, you ought not chuck stones at said structure. i'm willing to bet that tendency won't go a whit unaltered however...