Obama and his Lying Issues

Fairweather

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much to say because i'm just disillusioned with the state of US Politics in general. Not just Obama and how much he has disappointed on some key issues, but even more so the partisanship in Congress....the shut down just the latest shitshow. And I don't have much hope for things getting any better the next election, or the one after that. I don't think there are many people interested in the job (politics) that a qualified (both with skills and morals).

[video:youtube]3YR4CseY9pk

I don't have much to say because i'm just disillusioned with the state of US Politics in general. Not just Obama and how much he has disappointed on some key issues, but even more so the partisanship in Congress....the shut down just the latest shitshow.

Agreed. I disapprove of the latest shutdown not only because it is the wrong way to proceed/behave, but because it sets up a tit-for-tat where the Dems will just do the same back when the tables are turned. I should say more accurately that it *continues* a partisan tit-for-tat. This pattern is not going to end anytime soon.

what i really wanna know is what did jimmy carter do wrong on the economy?

QUESTION(!):

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS?

stagflation

malaise

yes yes we all know the symptoms.

are you implying he was the cause? seemingly fairweather was.

what i really wanna know is what did jimmy carter do wrong on the economy?

QUESTION(!):

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS?

stagflation

malaise

yes yes we all know the symptoms.

are you implying he was the cause? seemingly fairweather was.

Honestly it's all ancient history now. Our problems today seem big enough to warrant more attention than the US economy in 1977.

Randomly read political posts from Spray 6-8 years ago. Look at the volume and hysteria of the anti-Bush "outrage". You may find you posted some of those posts yourself.

And now? For those same issues now that Barry is running the show. That's right, crickets. That's the point.

the problem is that you and FW seem to think that Obama deserves the same level of scorn as GW, which is just insane.

Certainly there is tit-for-tat in politics but accusing both sides of being the same is just madness. The democrats have never used a government shutdown to get their way, for isntance -- not even during the darkest days of the bush administration.

Obama is not doing "the same things" that Bush did -- not by a long shot.

Randomly read political posts from Spray 6-8 years ago. Look at the volume and hysteria of the anti-Bush "outrage". You may find you posted some of those posts yourself.

And now? For those same issues now that Barry is running the show. That's right, crickets. That's the point.

the problem is that you and FW seem to think that Obama deserves the same level of scorn as GW, which is just insane.

Certainly there is tit-for-tat in politics but accusing both sides of being the same is just madness. The democrats have never used a government shutdown to get their way, for isntance -- not even during the darkest days of the bush administration.

Typical.

Typical.

You disagree? You actually think GW was better than Obama? I find that hard to believe, you're such a logical guy. Are you sure you're not letting your partisan emotions get the better of you?

You disagree? You actually think GW was better than Obama? I find that hard to believe, you're such a logical guy. Are you sure you're not letting your partisan emotions get the better of you?

GW didn't have a "transformational" domestic agenda like Obama does. And I don't like Obama's agenda. Simple as that.

I think the FISA court is not transparent and needs some major tweaking, Obama has offered some changes, not enough. But he never took the privilege of deciding to do a run around the FISA court.

Really? What changes has he offered? and he almost certainly has ignored FISA. Of course, we have no way of knowing since he hasn't bothered with the "transparent" government he promised. You can absolutely say that Bush opened the door, but Obama has not only walked through it, he's having a party on the other side where anything goes.

Well, now you're back to makin' stuff up. There is no evidence that Mr O has gone rouge and run around the FISA as the Bushies did. Friggin' A - you and the American Taliban are going ape shit over a medical plan that was passed by Congress and then vetted by your handpicked majority of the SCOTUS. Jesus, get over it and try and come up with an agenda that people might actually vote for instead of trying voodoo and storm the Bastille tactics.

And just for giggles - here's what Obama has proposed for FISA improvements. At least he recognizes it is a rule of law.

The president's proposed measures focused on reforming Section 215 of the Patriot Act and Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act, under which the NSA's surveillance programs are considered lawful. The reforms would focus on creating more oversight and greater transparency, particularly through modifications to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which currently authorizes the surveillance through highly classified opinions.

Obama specifically discussed creating a special advocate who could challenge the court on the basis of privacy and constitutional concerns. He also expressed support for making more information public, and upon his directive, the Department of Justice released the legal rationale for the government's collection activities under Section 215 of the Patriot Act.

The president added that the NSA would be creating a civil liberties and privacy officer, as well as launching a website to serve "as the hub for further transparency." And finally, Obama announced an independent task force of outside experts that would review the government's surveillance efforts, in terms of both privacy rights and impact on foreign policy. The group would produce both an interim report within 60 days and a final report by the end of the year with findings and recommendations

Jim, you should cite the source for this copy/paste. I suspect it's from a left-rag, but if it suits your worldview, it's all good. If it's really true, I'd just ask you this: why didn't Obama pursue it when he had majorities in both the House and Senate 2009-2011?

On another matter, I'm not sure how referring to Republicans or even the Tea Party as the "American Taliban" promotes your viewpoints. Kind of silly, really. I'm not a big fan of these guys either (although I am intrigued by Rand Paul's small-"l" libertarian bent), but Taliban? really? :rolleyes:

Dub had a military record. Then again all he did was fly around and snort cocaine. Combat? No Sir

But if he snorted coke at the Muir Hut he'd be cool.

Probably not since C remains illegal under Federal and State Law. On the other hand M is legal under State law and the Feds are all we'll just wait and see.

Robs point about sharing vs hogging is a good one.

GW didn't have a "transformational" domestic agenda like Obama does. And I don't like Obama's agenda. Simple as that.

no, he only abolished the separation of church and state. that was obviously not transformational politics and agenda.

Ouch! Looks like his poll numbers are in a free-fall: USA Today Poll

WASHINGTON — A majority of Americans now disapprove of the way President Obama is handling his job, while Americans' assessment of the way he is handling the economy has hit a nadir for his nearly 5-year-old presidency, according to a new Pew Research Center poll published Friday.

Forty-one percent of those polled approve of how he's handling his job, while 53% disapprove. That's a 14-point drop since December, according to Pew.

Obama's job ratings on the economy have been underwater for more than four years, but the current measure is the worst of his presidency — 31% approve of the way Obama is handling the economy, and 65% disapprove.

The Pew survey, which was conducted Oct. 30-Nov. 6, found that majorities disapprove of the way the president is handling five of six issues tested. Terrorism was the lone exception, with 51% approving of his performance, and 44% disapproving. But even on terrorism, his ratings are lower than they were earlier this year, according to the poll.

Obama's slump resembles the trajectory of George W. Bush, who saw approval of his job performance rating tumble 12 points, from 48% in December 2004 to 36% at the same point in his presidency, according to Pew.

Also notable was Obama's considerable slide in the poll among those who identify themselves as independents.

Only 32% of independents approve of his job performance, while 61% disapprove. In December, 53% approved and 39% disapproved.

Like Bush, Obama retains broad support among members of his own party, though the share of Democrats who give him a positive job rating has fallen 10 points over the past year, from 88% to 78%.

Obama's job rating among Republicans, extremely low last December at 12%, has changed little since then.

The president, who has been battling the fallout from problems with the rollout of his signature health care law, received negative ratings on health care policy, with 37% approving of his performance and 59% disapproving.

The poll, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points, was completed before Obama apologized in an NBC News interview Thursday that some Americans are losing their health insurance plans as a result of the Affordable Care Act, despite his repeated assurances over the past four years that Americans could keep their plans if they like them.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-clinton-obama-honor-commitment-163246342.html

House Energy and Commerce Chairman Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) has introduced a bill that the House will vote on later this week. It would "grandfather" in all health insurance plans that existed as of Jan. 1, 2013, not March 23, 2010, meaning that insurers could continue to offer a number of plans that they have been forced to cancel under the Affordable Care Act.

Clinton preceded his comments by telling the story of a man he met last week, who he said doesn't qualify for subsidies because he makes more than 400% above the federal poverty level. He has a wife and two children, and Clinton said his policy was canceled and replaced by one that doubled his premium.

"They are the ones who heard the promise, 'If you like what you've got, you can keep it,'" Clinton said.

Was is Blue Cross/Blue Shield that just got reprimanded for intentionally making deal-breaking changes to existing, non-compliant insurance policies so that they could force grandfathered policy holders to replace their cheap, non-compliant policy with a more expensive, compliant one?

I think we should have all of the insurance company executives in this country lined up and shot, and then we can start over fresh.

I think we should have all of the insurance company executives in this country lined up and shot, and then we can start over fresh.

Ah, the lengths Obama's minions will go to just to make the pieces of their shattered utopia fit back together. Dude, there is no saving this turd. One of the pillars that supports it was a lie from the beginning.

Of course, you're talking about having people shot--but God forbid, I call someone a liar. :rolleyes:

Ah, the lengths Obama's minions will go to just to make the pieces of their shattered utopia fit back together. Dude, there is no saving this turd. One of the pillars that supports it was a lie from the beginning.

Of course, you're talking about having people shot--but God forbid, I call someone a liar. :rolleyes:

lol I'm a minion. Cool! Can I get a neat jumpsuit at least?