Obama and his Lying Issues

Fairweather

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which direction? Humor? Laughter is the best medicine, and we definitely need a lot of medicine.

I voted for Obama, and he had done plenty to disappoint...I can't defend some of the things he has done. Yes he has done some good things too.

The problem is this for anyone: who is going to replace him? The truth is that people don't get elected president by telling the truth. We don't want the truth, because the truth often sucks. Not that lying is justified, but if you run a campaign based on truth, and your opponent rides a shit-tsunami of lies and pukes rainbows, you will lose.

Who was the last really "honest" president?

jeez, now you've really gone over the edge.

how can you look uli in the eye tonight, as you read him his bedtime story?

Which direction? Humor? Laughter is the best medicine, and we definitely need a lot of medicine.

I voted for Obama, and he had done plenty to disappoint...I can't defend some of the things he has done. Yes he has done some good things too.

The problem is this for anyone: who is going to replace him? The truth is that people don't get elected president by telling the truth. We don't want the truth, because the truth often sucks. Not that lying is justified, but if you run a campaign based on truth, and your opponent rides a shit-tsunami of lies and pukes rainbows, you will lose.

Who was the last really "honest" president?

jeez, now you've really gone over the edge.

how can you look uli in the eye tonight, as you read him his bedtime story?

yes, i'm gone. Ulee can read, even though he has a public education believe it or not!!!! So he reads his own bedtime stories these days.

Can't you see, I have nothing against fairweather's call for consistency?

Why do I hope his call is based on principles, not party lines?

How come every US president violates law, both domestic and international?

can you please rephrase that in the form of a question?

Is that better???

I'm going to go with Carter as the last honest president until someone can provide a better answer.

People may have other problems with him, but I think he was honest.

I agree, Carter was a stand-up guy. And I think Christie will be a great president in the same vein, although with more economic savvy.

It's bad enough that Obama tells all these lies. What sets him apart is the arrogance and contempt he displays for the truth as he tries to get out of his lies with yet more lies. "Uh, no, that's not what I said..."

It's bad enough that Obama tells all these lies. What sets him apart is the arrogance and contempt he displays for the truth as he tries to get out of his lies with yet more lies. "Uh, no, that's not what I said..."

yeah, but you hated him even well before the obamacare lies, so I wonder if this is a case of someone who finally found their excuse to latch onto?

I don't remember you ever getting this upset about GW

yeah, but you hated him even well before the obamacare lies, so I wonder if this is a case of someone who finally found their excuse to latch onto?

Yes, with each new lie Obama confirms what I have believed to be true about him all along. So what?

Bush never threatened my personal freedom in a big way--or stole my health insurance coverage.

:tup:

Too many people too easily call someone a liar these days. Instead of giving someone the benefit of a doubt, or just first off say, well, maybe they misspoke, or simply made an honest mistake in what they said…

Whatever happened to a simple assumption that someone might be trying their best in difficult circumstances, being fallible as are the rest of us maybe making a mistake…

Of course these cyber hero's never do it to someone's face. Might get their asses kicked doing that.

I do miss the old days sometimes, when men would throw down, consequences be damned…

d

Too many people too easily call someone a liar these days. Instead of giving someone the benefit of a doubt, or just first off say, well, maybe they misspoke, or simply made an honest mistake in what they said…

Whatever happened to a simple assumption that someone might be trying their best in difficult circumstances, being fallible as are the rest of us maybe making a mistake…

Of course these cyber hero's never do it to someone's face. Might get their asses kicked doing that.

I do miss the old days sometimes, when men would throw down, consequences be damned…

d

Well put. Still, I've yet to believe any high level politicians that can, will or do speak the "truth" are in the game.

Um, because he does it so often--and it's so plain to see he knew it wasn't true from the start re "you can keep you insurance, doctor..." He knew it was in the legislation even as he was saying it. Of course, you are one of the guys who was calling for GW to be put on trial and "burned." Yea, you're real civil. :rolleyes: Don't like my opinon? Don't read it.

d

Not gonna dignify this with a response, tough guy.

f