Speed records in Washington

keenwesh

I couldn't help but get nauseous reading your post. This kind of chest beating is what makes climbing not fun. Ya, I've done some myself, some justifiably and some not.

Recently I climbed snow creek wall, in fact in september, and took like 10 hours because I am out of shape a bit and had to do all the leading. But I've climbed it like 6 times so who cares how fast I do it? It's about the experience. When I read your guys' obituary I am not going to be surprised. With that, I am going to pack up my gear for a solo in the enchantments. :fahq:

I'm sorry, aren't you summitchaser CJB from the days of yore? I guess I'll just leave it at that...

So records are as follows:

Olympus C2C: 11:06

Backbone: 1:53, C2C time?

N ridge Stuart: 5 hours C2C?

Probably the fastest I've gone in the mountains are Direct East Buttress in around 3 hours, and NE Buttress of Slesse with Jens Klubberud, which was very fast climbing between the both of us.

I can verify that Alex and Jens were going fast on Slesse! They blew by us on the upper pitches, simuling everything, while we were happily pitching it out. It was cool to watch.

Ha. You long ago lost your standing to call anyone out for chestbeating. What's nauseating is your phony self-righteousness, especially when accusing Plotz, one of the most modest bad-asses around, of self-promotion. You should just shut up.

:lmao::lmao:

JasonG- didn't keep track.

"Quit posturing at the weekly parties. Your high pulse rate, your 5.12s and quick time on the Slickrock Trail don't mean shit to anybody else. These numbers are the measuring sticks of your own progress; show, don't tell. Don't react to the itch with a scratch. Instead, learn it. Honor the necessity of both the itch and the scratch."

-Twight

• 2 weeks later...

I know a couple guys who hold superhuman speed records, and they appear to be human (at least when I've been climbing with them, I do a double take when I read about the times they've put up though). There have to be some crazy times posted for the routes I've listed above. Post up. What's that record for liberty crack? W ridge prussik. Hell, midway on castle rock!