• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jesselillis

BD aspect harness- string loop?

What is the string loop on the rear of the BD aspect harness for?

I realize one could use it for a chalk bag or as an extra racking loop, but it doesn't seem specifically designed for either of those purposes.

I clip non-climbing stuff to it such as v-thread cord, knife, hooker, etc.

Also store water bottle, gloves, belay jacket, etc. on it.

The cord loop is surprisingly strong: I've hung myself from it (150lbs or so) and it held without issue.

Agreed with RafalA. Things that are a little less priority must be kept in loop with the v-thread cord. I read this as one of pro tips of mountain climbing which works very well for me.

I don't use the back loop on my aspect, because it's a cragging/alpine harness for me, and I try to keep the amount of shit hanging off me in those situations to a minimum.

For wall climbing I use a BD big gun, which also has the back loop. I hang a water bottle, my hero loops, long prussiks for holding the rope while soloing, and big cams that I don't want whacking me in the dick. I'd say it's nice to have, but at the same time I'm not going to consider it a necessary feature when I buy my next wall harness (probably a yates or misty mountain)