Crystal Mountain

Toast

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think all of my big talking was directed at alpinek ... who was doing a lot of complaining about something he wasn't experiencing firsthand.

Lawgoddess,

My comments were based on 30 years of skiing at Crystal Mountain and the information (cam/snow depth) provided by the web site. You are obviously enthusiastic about skiing right now and that's great. However I think my descriptions of the conditions are acurate and something to seriously consider if someone has to pay full price for a lift ticket.

I am starting to get annoyed with your talk.

Ya know you come hear to our state with your Texas/Okie attitudes, and you think just cause you work for Jim Nelson you can start telling folks who have spent their whole life skiing and climbing in the Cascades stuff. madgo_ron.gif

I feel the need to point out yet again what Tex says smile.gif a bad day outside (climbing or skiing) is bettert than a good day doing anything else... wink.gif I try to have fun whatever I do, even trapped inside on a clod rainy yucky nothing to do day... me and the kids used the new Queazy Bake oven to make dog drool bones... they looked gross and tasted pretty good wink.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

hey greg, i'm not really one for rumors, but someone told me those two had a little something in common once ... if nothing else, i guess they both hate me. and that's enough to start a club!

alpinek, you can get annoyed all you want. from where i stand, your comments were based on you sitting on your ass with your i've-skiied-here-for-30-years-and-know-everything attitude. *my* attitude has nothing to do with who i work for or where i come from. (and you're an ass to ASSume that just because i'm half oklahoman means i've spent *any* time in that state!)

get a clue from muffy. her attitude rocks. rockband.gif

yeah and he's a killer climber and one cool dude besides so I can overlook the freshiez stuff. But anyone who has no tried skiing or given an honest attempt to use them on backcountry runs is missing out on one of the greatest outdoor experiences one can possibly have in the mountains!

Much as it pains me to say so, I believe Alpine K and I agree on two things here.

One is that light snow coverage=think twice about how bad you want to go skiing. Once you've been at it a while, you find that you can wait for better conditions.

Two is just what he said in his last post.

Whew, that was scary! blush.gif

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Lawgoddess,

I have enough experience to know when someone is talking out their ass and you are.

I've got plenty of things to do that keep me up and running. So far I haven't felt the snow coverage is worth spending the money on gas to drive to Crystal. Please note I don't pay to ski at the mountain.

However, after this weekend, I figure I'll be headed down there. grin.gif

Edited by AlpineK

alpinek, thanks for the very nice private message you sent me. it was almost as nice as the stuff you're saying here in public.

now we know where you're really coming from - you just don't want to fork over $44. and that's fair. the problem i have with you is saying is wasn't worth it. that's relative, so you're free to say what you want but you WERE NOT there. the person i was skiing with thought it was. and while i didn't pay $44, i still thought it was worth the gas money and the time it takes to drive there and back ... and then some. saying i thought the conditions were awesome is not talking out of my ass. i was there.

I love to ski but I still suck at it. I'm such a newbie that I can't really discern good conditions from bad.

it's all good. well, mostly. and even when it's shitty it's still better than working or watching tv. if you love it enough you will find a way to enjoy most conditions. the only conditions i don't really enjoy are gusty winds and no visibility; everything else has its own sweet spots. grin.gif