new rap station on South Face Jello tower

markwebster

storms can blow both ways.

All 4 directions actually. What's your point? Is it that non climber types are suddenly going to realize the impact climbers are having on the environment and be so stoked about it that they'll enact mandatory bolting laws because they want more of them?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not judging you, but you do act like a tool on occasion - like now, for example.

I don't really give a shit if you Oregon boys shut every one of your climbing areas down for good, frankly. Cockblock each other at will. That seems to be more important than climbing to you southerners. Knock yourselves out.

The granite's all up here anyway.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I'm not judging you, but you do act like a tool on occasion - like now, for example.

I don't really give a shit if you Oregon boys shut every one of your climbing areas down for good, frankly. Knock yourselves out.

The granite's all up here anyway.

"I'm not judging you but I'm going to toss an inflammatory personal insult at you now just to show how fucking awesome I am"

Nice work :rolleyes:

You are quite the smart ass drama queen though. I will give you that.

I enjoy it.

But hey, this is no time for drama, cuz

There's a storm a-comin!

You cannot make this shit up.

The general public doesn't give two shits about what climbers do. Whatever storm you're going on about is hawt climber on climber action. That's some new school shit right there, man.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Is this, like, 7th grade?

Later, my brother.

I've got a lot of brothers and you are most certainly not one of them.

It's interesting that you stoop to childish name calling, proclaim you love acting like an immature ass and then accuse me of acting like a middle schooler.

You don't even see the problem here do you?

I drove to castle on the plowed/paved convenience road, parked In the convenience lot, hiked the convenience trail, did not slip on the new erosion-resistant "convenient steps", did "convenience pruning" of a fallen snag, opened up my "convenience guidebook" to orient myself, used these convenient new things called cams to climb pitches conveniently cleaned of grass and dirt...

None of the conveniences you list insult traditions or diminish the sense of accomplishment felt by those qualified to do these climbs sans superfluous and unnecessary accoutrements. What's more, all of the conveniences you describe are widely accepted or were, at one time or another, vetted by a much larger community. Nice try.

To add a little historical information to this fascinating debate.

The main location most climbers use at Castle Rock is called Loggers Ledge. The reason it received that name was due to crag development by the folks who did many of the first ascents.

The crag was shady and damp due to large diameter ponderosa pines on the ledge. To dry things off and clean the rock crag developers brought up saws and cut down the trees on the ledge. Due to height and diameter of trees on the ledge other climbers blocked traffic on HWY-2 during critical moments of the felling operation.

Apparently that kind of development that altered the natural environment was a good thing but drilling holes in the rock for new anchor stations is a bad thing.

Please carry on

There is a storm coming that climbers don't seem to have a clue about.

Not true. I've been stock piling fruit cocktail and ammo in my basement. When the zombie apocalypse comes, zombies won't care that much about bolting etiquette and Jello Tower might be a good place to hide from them. Ever think about that, Kirk?