Petzl Nomic Pick Weights?

Kerr Adams

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use them all the time: they make for a better swing into ice, and slot into cracks nicely on rock.

The only time I would not use them is hard sport mixed (say, M10/M11 and up) to make the tool lighter. I find at that point the pick weights don't come in handy anyway...

I use Nomics mostly without pick weights to keep the tools light. I suggest experimenting with and without weights and see how your swing feels. I add weights when I am not climbing to just practice the swing. Lighter set of weights is also available for Nomics. If you want to have hammer option with light weight you might want to try those.

Keenwesh got a bulls eye on that!

Got the new Quarks and they were crap without the weights and absolutely golden with them.

As for the hammers......

It does matter WHERE the weight is (i.e. in front of or behind the shaft) and oh yeah, kinda hard to lose an eye or some teeth with the new Petzl shafts unless one uses a hammer.

As for the hammers......

It does matter WHERE the weight is (i.e. in front of or behind the shaft) and oh yeah, kinda hard to lose an eye or some teeth with the new Petzl shafts unless one uses a hammer.

Get either the mini-hammer or the CT hammer - they don't stick out from the tol as far, and don't change the balance as much (though both still put it a bit towards the back).

Or carry a third tool with a hammer.