FS- Hilleberg Keron GT 4person, 4 season tent $700

jesselillis

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be dumb. Whatever.

I'm wondering if you (reader) have thoughts on why this tent has not sold. Hilleberg has a good reputation for making solid tents (right?). This one is barely used and being sold at 34% off retail (40% off taxed value) and I never see these things on sale at the big name online retailers.

Wrong audience?

Price still too high?

Wrong time of year?

Ad immediately buried by the high traffic of ads on CC?

PM me thoughts (or post if you think they are valuabel to the larger community).

thnx

I think the price is good, and those tents are the stuff, but it's more of a champagne taste-beer budget problem. I'd personally love to have this tent, but prob couldn't afford one any time soon. I think it's easier to shell out 300 clams on an ultralight 3 or 4 year shelter vs 7 bennies for a 3 or 4 decade home away from home. just 2c...

You could buy two really nice tents for $700. I believe two types of people will buy that tent. A guy with a ton of money that has to have the best. Or a professional climber. Both are a small target group to market it to. My .02 cents. other cc ers may have other suggestion on where to post it.

Edited by chris54

Maybe rent it out.

It's the kind of tent that's really useful for a specific trip, but noone want to own it bacause those trips to those sorts of places only happen once, or maybe more but you never would think so. Also it's a bit heavy, they make a lighter one which is more useful.

Maybe rent it for 100 a time, and it's still yours?