What do guys want for x-mas?

ChrisT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ChrisT--

If he's like me he wants some off set aliens, a 4.5 camalot and a pair of good gloves to wear ice climbing.

Maybe a titanium ice axe? Extravagance!

RE Kitchen gadgets, juicers are cool. So are dehydrators for preparing backpacking foods. Maybe a fuzzy logic rice cooker?

bigdrink.gif

Edited by Matt

Can't go wrong with Calphalon pans or Henkel knives; I love mine. I agree with Off White - who doesn't love a new knife; 6" or 8" chef's knife is a good versatile tool. Got a cleaver? That's a good hunk of steel, baby. Or, two words: barbecue tools.

Edited by Greg_W

I don't have a TV, so I can't watch Food Network, but I do enjoy throwing out the killer chow. What's a cool gadget depends on what you like to cook. I've got a $20 ricer that's indespensible for making gnocci and comes in handy for the mashed spuds. An insulated carafe for coffee is something I use almost daily as are the couple of 9" and 10" blade Henckel knives. A recipe book from which you could prepare stuff together is always a good gift. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, it's the best way to cook a steak (30 seconds on each side on the top burner, then a about 5 minutes in a 500 degree oven. 3 minutes to rest. Awesome every time).