Welcome Leavenworth Climbing Rangers

LeavenworthMA

Yay! More cops in the woods! Just what's needed.

Anyone thinking that this program will run its two year course and then disappear is deluding themselves.

Government never decides to make itself smaller.

The FS now sees the user groups that frequent these lands as nothing but a revenue stream. In fact, they now often claim they can't even be bothered to collect that revenue stream because they're so busy and underpaid. :cry:

Instead they've shuffled all that work off to PRIVATE companies who charge whatever the hell they see fit as a service fee to collect your money and concentrate their own resources on grotesque new buildings and abundant new signage telling you to pay up at ever goddamned trailhead in the PNW. Anything left over is turned into a parking spot for a luxury land yacht at 5k ft or maintaining the road so these cruise buses can crawl up there.

It's only a matter of time before they start doing this in the icicle and there isn't a single historical prescedent that I can find that would even begin to suggest that they have other intentions despite the lip service they're giving the locals who seem more than willing to bend over and take it from the asshats.

I do applaud their cairn kicking, though I'd recommend he approach it with a bit more vigor and aplomb.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic