Patagonia Ice Cap boots?

sourstraw

I'm doing a traverse of the Patagonian Ice Cap in December and trying to decide which boots to purchase. I currently have the La Sportiva Trango, which I use for mountaineering here in the PNW. I am considering :

La Sportiva Baruntse

La Sportiva Spantik

Koflach Arctis Expe

Scarpa Phantom Guide

Scarpa Phantom 6000

Any experience with any of these boots? As information, I am a female with a size 8 women's shoe. I usually wear a 40 in La Sportiva. I have medium-wide feet (definitely not narrow, but not really wide).

Thanks - any experience/opinions would be appreciated!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't get much feedback it might be the thread title, I clicked expecting boots from Patagonia called the Ice Cap and was curious to know if they were making real mountaineering boots now. I bet I'm not the only one. :D

There should be plenty of experience around here to answer your questions unfortunately I don't have it. Good luck!

I think a lot depends on if this is a one off trip or whether you will be using the boots for more cold technical climbing in the future. My understanding is the Ice Cap traverse is more of a slog without much technical climbing. Some cheaper plastic double boots would work just fine.