sponsors wanted

crazy_nick

Nick,

If your under age 25 there are actually lots of scholarships and grants to fund expeditions like you and your friends want to do. Usually you need to have specific objective that is unique from the "just go to the mountains and climb" trip. Yes its hard to believe -they sometimes just give you money. Your other option is to do something sick like solo a winter ascent of the Cassin ridge on Denali or some sick s#$t like that. I saw one that was for high schoolers. It provided an entirely paid 7 day NOLS trip and/or guided trip. As for gear testers -everyone at this site would love to get free gear and be a tester. If you want cheap stuff work at a climbing shop.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick,

Are you serious or just trying to get one hell of a thread started?

Either way...I have ten pound rock that I would like to test.

I want to know how it carries in different rucksacks. I will give it to you if you promise to let each guy carry it for at least two full days in the back country. One day on the top of the pack and one on the bottom.

I will need extensive data regarding how well it carries in each pack and in each position. Are you up for it? I will also need to have the ropck returned so that we may conduct extensive post-field test testing in my company's lab.

You can contact me at 1-900-bul-shit.

(Please don't take me too seriously...it is just this is such a good one I couldn't resist).

Contact the American Alpine Club, I'll bet they've got a list of sponsors for youth driven expeditions. As with Texplorers post, keep in mind that anyone willing to sponsor a team expedition, they are going to want a first ascent (as in "first teenage winter ascent of Cassin ridge") or an expedition with environmental or educational scope. If you want free gear to just go have a dirtbag summer, it probably ain't gonna happen.

If you wanna be sponsored you gotta chest beat for your sponsors about how hard the route you did was and how good the gear they gave you worked. This is a good site to practice your sprayin' technique on!

I suggest you contact Team Gander Mountain as they seem to have lots of available gear.

I believe the US Military would love to contact you. They'll be needing to test special gear that works in the Himalayan altitude, the sub-alpine, rocky canyons, deep gorges and deserts. You might not like the pack they'll have for you, but the rest of the gear will be heavy. The only glitch is that you have to give them something back, but you knew that, right? So in exchange, you'll have to teach recruits how to climb and place gear, 'cause it could prove to be useful in places east of here. If you're real good, they'll give you more gear and a promotion. I'm pretty sure the US Military likes boys with huge balls and you obviously qualify. Hell, you're probably as good as you think you are and the world is your oyster! Give some feed back if you're not to busy working. Be all you can be!

Nick, I am moving and have several fleeces, some old gaitors, a crappy pair of crampons (complete with leather straps) a coleman peak1 stove (comes with a yuban cofee can), an old 11mm rope, and a beat Wild Country tent that I am going to give to the Goodwill.

Interested????

P.S. sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!!

Go buy a pair of knee pads and few bunches of bananas. You'll need the knee pads when you talk to the gear reps, but you'll want to do a bunch of practice with the bananas before hand.

Good luck and don't bite you looser

I think Nick is a fake and his post is BS. Even if he is real and was serious, it is still BS. Note that it was his first post...I hope we didn't scare him off.

Look Nick, we joke a lot on this page...don't take us too seriously. It is just that you REALLY set yourself up on this one. We just couldn't resist.

If you look at his profile and check out the web page, it has the same message in English and German. And .as is what postfix for email..?

I actually dont this this was a troll (as few people go through that much effort), I think he is a serious - though misguided in what he'll get for free - youth looking to make his mark on the climbing world.

Good Luck Nick, Alex