McCall area beta

Drederek

My wife and I will be driving back from the city of rocks in 3-4 weeks and will be coming back thru McCall. We would like to camp in that area and maybe stop for a hike or quick climb, to get a feel for the area and see if we want to come back for a longer visit. The city really suits my wife's taste, lots of 8's and 9's, amenities nearby and killer driveup camping. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slick Rock definitely looks worthy, is there any camping nearby?

There is good primitive camping off of Lick Creek Road, with vault toilets and water (lake fork campground). Or as mentioned Lick Creek road has lots of wide spots that are suitable for a night's sleep. About 20 minutes away, Ponderosa State Park has showers and is basically in McCall for beer and ice cream.

I just did the Regular Route on Slick Rock at the beginning of August and found it to be super fun!

Thanks Steve for the shout out, but I'm glad Splattski responded, he being the local fount of knowledge, born from much experience. Check out his website for all things Idaho and beyond. That said, Drederek, I'll also be at the city for the climbing festival, so if you want to climb in McCall afterward, look me up.

Jim