Let It Burn Hanger

mtep

FYI: The second bolt protecting the crux traverse on Let It Burn's second pitch is currently hangerless. It fell off while my partner was seconding the pitch and the nut and washer fell to the base. Hopefully someone can get it back up there soon as it would be a bit heads up without it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up leaving the hanger at Aaron JS's place because I was dropping off something else on his porch on my way out of town.

The route is killer! The second pitch is one of the coolest pitches of climbing I've done anywhere, let alone 300' off the deck in the alpine. The two 11+ pitches felt way harder to me than the 12a pitch though. I suck if I can't stand on my feet...

In other news, I think I saw you and Sol coming out of the bugs. I was just pulling into Applebee as you guys headed out. Looks like it was a productive trip. Nice work!

I'm assuming it was a stainless bolt which appear to have problems keeping the nut tight. Possibly due to the lower torque requirements. I've put in a few hundred in the last few years and just started using a bit of blue Loc-tite. I've started seeing loose hangers all over the place and they are almost all stainless. surprising people haven't made using loc-tite standard practice, it should be.

The hanger in question is on the 3rd-to-last piece in this photo, and you can reach it from the biggest hold on the pitch - it would be not unreasonable to get there and put a hanger/nut back in place on lead while on the projecting flake. Sorry to ruin your onsight.

IMG_0822.JPG

• 2 weeks later...