• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kerwinl

Accident at Index Yesterday (8/18)

Does anybody know the status of the gentlemen that was involved in the accident at index yesterday (8/18)?.

I was nearby when it happened, called 911, there was a few nurses and WFR that helped out before the EMT's showed up. I hope he is doing well.

FYI, I think the EMT's dropped the gentlemens helmet on the way out, it was hanging on the sign post by the porta-potty as I walked out in the evening.

what happened? leader fall? rockfall? encounter w/ local meth-life? :)

what happened? leader fall? rockfall? encounter w/ local meth-life? :)

Lead fall and popped a cam resulting in a deck off of Sagittarius from what I gathered.

I hope he is doing well. Good vibes for a full and quick recovery

He was about 25-30 feet up Sagittarius just starting the flake (below the fixed sling I think), when the fall happened.

Sorry to hear this. That climb can be a battle, for sure. I hope he is recovering ok.

I've always worried about decking before I get the #3 placed in the start of the handcrack. Was that the piece that popped?