bandguy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPISODE V

GAPERTIMMY STRIKES BACK

tasteless-

tasteless is talking about sexually abusing kids, and mocking those involved in climbing accidents. honestly though, it was obvious, as with some other avatars i've banned in the past that deadguy was simply here to piss people off.

deadguy (the first person whom i've known that can posthumously spray) would never contribute 1 bit of value to discussions.

i know most regulars here have crossed the tasteless threshold once or twice. i'm sure i have crossed other folks threshholds with my pictures of the dogs humping in my garage. but seriously dead/band/wankerguy, you, unlike the other regulars here had no intentions of ever contributing value to these discussions (as you have done once again in this thread).

And, you know what, if you don't like my sense of taste, or my moderation style, don't let the cyber door of cc.com hit you on your ass as you hit your back button bro! thank you, come again

SAR.... fwiw, i'm involved in the local sar group, yes it does scare me at times (some of the people i work with) i'm not offended by people slandering sar organizations, they have the right to their own opinion... i'm sure the hundreds of people out there who have personally been aided by, or have had loved ones assisted by SAR volunteers wouldn't agree with some of the postings on the board. I'm in it to help people if I'm capapble of doing so, its my way of giving back.

Boltclipper wrote:

As for SAR members, I have met some of them and most of them SUCK. They would killed themselves trying to help anybody other than a hiker with a spained ankle. No offense to anybody on SAR teams, but the ones I've met scare me.

Did this guy get banned?

I hope not. Happy to see deadguy dead and buried though.

You never gave deadguy a chance to contribute. Three posts then he's banned?

Bandwagon, fallingoffthewagon or clueless one. Dare I point out the obvious? 3 tasteless posts is no chance? I found the first post pointless & unacceptable let alone the following 2.

You got 2 more chances than you deserve, (and in case you have a difficult time counting thats is 2/two more opportunities to redeem yourself that you squandered)

You got your point across with the first post

Live and learn

Dead band guy or banded dead guy or guy who's band is dead or ...

You think it's bad now, you wait a few years to see how this site has progressed in its liberal assessment of what is acceptable/not acceptable.

Damn man, I know I sure am glad this site exists. Remember the dark ages when we all had ulterior lives? Now, this website rules our lives. bigdrink.gif

Let me try to clear this up. What I MEANT to say was "Most of the SAR members I know (only a few) are lacking in technical skills". I realize that this is not what I actually typed, and I am unable to edit the message now. I had no intention of insulting all SAR people, as I realize that the vast majority are competent. Apologies.

I agree iceguy there is usually a significant difference in both skill and requirements between an active mtn rescue unit (such as those in the MRA, and a few others who are not) and many below treeline SAR teams. I apologize for not making that distinction, but I also have a strong connection with many "groundpounding" teams. They have been pivotal in many cases, selflessly carting in all our gear, bringing in food, and finding people quickly. I definitely appreciate anyone involved in any capacity. Just sometimes in the chaos people wind up in situations for which they are ill-prepared.

Anyways, I think Ray Smutek said it best:

"I can tell you from experience that nothing is more devastating to a helpless person's morale, than an obviously incompetent rescuer."

Hey, isn't this the first time you two have posted back to back without fighting over liberal/conservative politics?

Trask: you are reformed and gentlemanly (but not manly), still I prefer your old ways.

Iain: I like the "Am I Ninja Or Not" photos.

Uhhh, I got deja vu while I was posting that. That's fucked up, this isn't even reality! It's bad when a web site enters your dreams. hellno3d.gif

Edited by North_by_Northwest