• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jhiggy

[TR] Mt. Adams Summit - South Climb- 7/27/13

IMG_2343-Edit.jpg

My wife and I summited Mt. Adams this weekend. The conditions were great. Expect to climb down from the top if you are there before 8am. The snow was much too firm to glissade down. Also, please take care in coming down from the lunch counter, there were a couple of very steep parts that were a little tricky. (The snow hill that leads you up to the left of Crescent glacier.) There were good steps kicked in almost all the way to the summit but please bring crampons and ice axes if you intend to go all the way to the top. We had no problem finding water after 10am on the lunch counter.

For a full trip report please visit our blog at the address below. Thanks!

Higgy Life Blog!

-Jeff

thanks for the post! im heading up this weekend...was the snow worth skiing by chance?

There is no way I would ski that, it was way too sun cupped. The people who did ski it looked to be having an awful time. Glissade for sure!