More Gun Stuff

Peter_Puget

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your concern, Greg ( rolleyes.gif ), but Mrs. DFA is more than capable of inflicting serious damage on anyone dumb enough to fuck with her. She, too, will not be a victim, but she has learned to defend herself in more ways than just killing people. Interestingly, she used to have a CW permit and used to carry, but decided, for whatever reason, that firearms were not the way to go.

Smith Rock in January? It's going to be freezing balls, ese! Anyway, Dr. Flash Amazing does not relish the thought of getting shot by angry republicans! grin.gif

Smith Rock in January? It's going to be freezing balls, ese! Anyway, Dr. Flash Amazing does not relish the thought of getting shot by angry republicans!

Greg wont shoot you wink.gif last time I climbed with him I did not even see the gun...

COME CLIMBING!!!! IT WILL BE FUN laugh.gif

Thanks Fairweather! I agree with your comments completely. Odd how J_B has been calling for "peer reviewed" studies in another thread. Weird because the implication is that a peer reviewed study would be (relatively) free of bias. Note that he calls for this freedom only in this case. The Nation article defending the Arming of America clearly is defending the indefensible (one of many I would say) yet he presented The Nation as a persuasive unbiased source of info. In another thread he suggested that one of the Professors he was quoting was an Israeli without an point of view (here is the quote from Mtngoat's binary world:_"These texts are not from anyone's press in particular, they are opinions and witness accounts by people with a good knowledge of the israeli state, often israeli citizens themselves.") The odd thing is this professor has taught at a Palestinian School and is far from a typical Israeli. He is actively a political beast. Apparently the standards of truthfulness and full disclosure are only to be upheld if there is a "peer review" process to catch you if you fib. The so-called "liberal" press is an embaressment of rigid "group think" and cognative dissonance. Happily the fallacies of Arming of America were caught. What is sad is (and I would encourage everyone to spend 15 minutes researching this) was how vociferous the defense was and still is.

PP bigdrink.gif

Imagine a Christmas card where Santa Claus makes a pre-emptive strike on

terrorists, by firing a fully automatic firearm mounted on a

reindeer-powered sleigh. Santa's target: militant, Islamist, suicide

terrorists.

That's the gist of the Christmas card that gun lobbyist John Michael

Snyder said he is sending to Members of Congress, the Bush administration,

and others this year.

Snyder, the public affairs director of the Citizens Committee for the

Right to Keep and Bear Arms, issued a statement describing his card.

'We've known since childhood that Santa puts coal under the Christmas

trees of bad children,' said Snyder in the press release. 'It's just

another stretch of the imagination to consider Santa delivering multiple

doses of hot lead to wicked terrorists.'