North Ridge of Baker fri-sun. July 26-28

johnnygraec

My partner blew his knee out last week so is on the fence about baker this weekend. I want to make this climb happen so I'm looking for someone to either join us or just me on the North Ridge. You need a bike to ride the 7 or so miles up glacier creek rd. Flexible on departure date, thinking about making it 2 nights out to allow for some relaxing and maybe serac'ing on the glacier. This will be a more advanced climb for us so perhaps you are at a similar level.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John,

I'm not sure if you are still looking for a partner or if you made private plans with APE for this weekend, but I'm itching to get out. I live in Bellingham and I've been looking at doing the North Ridge for quite a while but have been scared away by the bike approach this year. But after doing the bike approach on South Twin, I don't think it'll be so bad. I'm solid leading WI3 and have done a bunch of the Cascade Volcanoes before. Have glacier gear and a rack of screws. Have you heard anything about conditions on the route? The guidebooks I read said the ideal season goes to early or mid July so it might be on the tail end of things.

Hit me back if you're still interested. Jeffaslan at yahoo.com