• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jacemullen

Tetons Moderate Classics Early August

Also seen on mountain project:

I'm halfway thinking about making the loooong drive out to the Tetons to get some alpine rock in the first full week of August. Dates are flexible though but I'll be there at least a week, hopefully more.

Looking at doing the Owen Spalding, Exum as well as some of the other classic moderates up to 5.9-5.10 level.

I have lots of trad experience including a little bit of Big Wall stuff.

I'm also an experienced and strong backpacker who would kill to do some of the alpine climbs in the Cirque of the Towers if you're interested in that as well.

Feel free to PM me or shoot me a text at (760) 274-4054

-Jace Mullen

Edited by jacemullen

Tetons in Augsut are awesoem - be carefull of afternoon thunderstorms though. I was there last year, and had a bad partner match-up (from mountainproject.com) and ended up not sticking around for very long. You should look at the Grand Traverse - probably the best link up imaginable. And August is the prime time to do it.

Jace,

I've been to the Tetons twice during the first weeks of August. A great time to go. While I have always gone out there with a partner, I have also picked up partners from the Climber's Ranch, the best option for accommodations.

Anyhoo, I know a guy who has been wanting to get back there this summer, as well as into the Winds. He has pretty much all the time in the world and a 'Sweet Ass Eurovan", although I'm told he snores, something I never knew because I snore louder than him. He is out and about for the next few days but I will shoot him your contact info.

Dan

Hey Dan, got your PM. Thanks for that.

If anyone is interested in some classsic (or otherwise) climbs, even if you can only get out a few days, I would love to hear from you.

- be carefull of afternoon thunderstorms

ditto ... The Grand in August/September is a lightning magnet. That being said, it's a great venue regardless how you do it.

My dates have been finalized Aug. 11-17th. I'm still looking for a partner but failing that I will just end up solo-ing the OS and trying to find a partner in town.