Rainier (DC) in one day 7/20

JonParker

I'm looking for a climbing partner to climb the DC overnight starting 7/20 returning early 7/21.

The weather forecast is for clear skies. The moon will be nearly full, out at night, and on the south side of the sky. It sounds like a great opportunity for a night climb of this route.

I would like to hit the trail by 5pm, get to Muir by 9 to 930 and head for the summit by 10pm. I would expect to reach the summit between 2 and 3am and get back down to Muir for some shuteye in the early morning and then be on my merry way.

I haven't climbed this route before. But with the moon, the forecast, and all the flagging I feel good about taking it on.

I have done one day climbs of Baker and Adams. I climbed Glacier Peak two weeks ago in 2 1/2 days.

Looking for someone who enjoys a fast pace but won't sacrifice safety for speed. Crevasse rescue skills needed. And bonus if you've done the route before.

I live in Seattle. If we can carpool (I am happy to drive or ride) that is another bonus.

Thanks!

Jon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic