• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
marc_leclerc

best of cc.com [TR] Slesse Twice in a Day - 7/15/2013

Trip: Slesse Twice in a Day -

Date: 7/15/2013

Trip Report:

It's been a long time since I posted a report here. But I think some of you may enjoy this read. Here's a link to the report on my blog.

Slesse Trip Report

Cheer,

Marc-Andre

Gear Notes:

Rock shoes, one tool, strap on pons for my tennies.

Approach Notes:

Watch out for bears.

Excellent read! It's amazing the ground one can cover unteathered. Thanks for the inside look at your thought processes regarding such an endeavor.

Wow! I really enjoyed this. One of the best trip reports ever except would love to see more pics.

So cool! Thanks for updating the blog, I'd been wondering what you were up to. The part that cracks me up is how worried you were about the bears, not the pocket glacier or the incredible amount of solo climbing that lay ahead! Great story all around, a true gem.

That's remarkable Marc, thanks for dropping back by to share with us. The arc of your life has been really fun to vicariously view, and your Mom deserves points for her support, nothing to be embarrassed about there. Here's a link to a classic old Cheamclimber TR from the past, thoroughly enjoyable in its own right: Two White Boys

Good job, Marc. Remember when we backed off Slesse just below the bivy ledge as it started to snow? You've come a long way, dude.

Yeah Marc, one day you'll be 50ish and look back fondly on when you could get it up twice in a day solo :tup:

Amazing outing.

Someone should rig a motion sensor on an HD video camera to capture the Pocket Glacier in action. It would be amazing footage.