• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dchromey

[TR] Mt Rainier Single Day Push - Paradise to Ingraham Flats 7/13/2013

Trip: Mt Rainier Single Day Push - Paradise to Ingraham Flats

Date: 7/13/2013

Trip Report:

SDC11206.JPG

SImply beautiful!!

This is my first time going further from Camp Muir..so you could say i am a beginner so I am training for Mt. Rainier in the next couple weeks. So if your disappointed to see a training report instead of a summit report oh well, you may learn something.

Me and my fellow climbers are busy on the weekdays so we used our day that we had to do a hard push from Paradise to Ingraham Flats in a single day. Less then 12 hours up and back.

Made it to Muir in under 4 hours which is my personal best. I keep cutting time off which is good! A bit nervous and intimidating when i was putting on my harness and helmet and roping up but i was glad to be finally doing it.

Beautiful views, sunny day, and barely no wind!

SDC11184.JPG

Me and my fellow climbers

SDC11187.JPG

Usual Summit pose lol

SDC11198.JPG

View of Gibralter Rock and Cathedral Rocks from Cowlitz Glacier

SDC11199.JPG

Anyone want to party at Camp Muir? haha

SDC11207.JPG

Looking down into the abyss of the earth..beautiful!

SDC11208.JPG

View of Ingraham Flats with Ingraham Glacier coming down and disappointment cleaver

SDC11214.JPG

Me and Little Tahoma

SDC11216.JPG

Living the dream!

SDC11220.JPG

Little Tahoma on top of Cathedral Gap

SDC11230.JPG

Pain is temporary..glory is forever!

Gear Notes:

Know your stuff before you go for the summit

Approach Notes:

Follow boot pack up to Muir. Register with the climbing rangers at paradise before you go over onto the glacier