• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
specialed

Alien Repair

Anyone know how to get Aliens repaired? I've got an old green alien with a snapped trigger wire. Its in good enough condition to get it repaired and then take big whips on it. Does anyone know if you can send it to CCH for repair and how much it might cost?

I have a friend in Yosemite who will fix them.

Bernie Rivadeneyra

PO Box 581

Yosemite CA 95389

He charges, for Aliens, $9 for each side of the trigger. So 18 if its totally blown. He charges $3 per side for all other manufactures. He asks that you send a self addressed postage paid return container for the cams.

He has fixed numerous cams for me and always does a great job. You can also send them to CCH but, they would probably loose it, and then say they never got it. CCH is way wacked.

Thanks dude, a couple of the triggers on those Aliens I stole from you will need repair soon. You really should take better care of those things. grin.gif

I found this post, but i'm not sending my alien to a 2 year old address!

anyone got the scoop?

if not i'm gonna use fishing line. weedwacker wire worked pretty f'in good on my b.d. cams.

p.s. why doesn't anyone want to climb with my rack?

$9/ side??? that's whacked! I used to charge $10CDN for both sides... Aliens are no harder to repair than other cams.

You could send them to me, but you'd probably end up paying duty both ways or some other f%^&ed up s*&(. thumbs_down.gif

yeah, that's way pricey. anyone know anything about repairing these suckers still? i'm on the lookout for some really strong fishing line i think.

I had an Orange Alien from a batch that had bad stainless steel woven sleeves that blew. I sent it back to CCH and they had it for a couple of months and eventually sent it back repaired free of charge, but I did have to bug them a few times with email to get it back...

well bailing wire worked for about three or four trigger pulls. gotta find me some strong fishing line.

well i think i did it. lets see how long it lasts. i found some heavy fishing line and threaded it and knotted one end. the major crux was tieing the knot on the other end so the line was tight enough. i tried vice grips (slips right out) holding the lobes closed and tieing the knot with my tongue. i got the knot tied with my tongue but when i let go, it still wasn't tight enough. so i tried to loosen the know and slide it closer to the hole. after much hand and mouth acrobatics, i gave up so i hunted around my room for a while to find a tight placement for it. finally i found a spot (my tape cassette holder) and was able to use both hands to tie a tighter knot. works sweet now!

Use copper-coated Steel Mig wire... .030" if I recall...

Works great..

-Fear