Seattle Pub Club 12/17

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be down with Targhees, but I would also suggest downtown, Owl and Thistle? or ALKI, not the most convenient, but surely a popular destination. Other than that Parking sucks in the U dist., I'd rather be eastlakey, or downtown. Regardless, see you all there.

You too Red-Spunk.

Not only did they do a $2.50/pint drink special just for our group, I also remember that they had pitchers a couple weeks later when we went there after the Dr. Houston video at UW. And the food is great. HCL.gif But whatever, sounds like people want to go elsewhere...

So...where is Targhees?

These folks must not be into sausage. I too thought Schultzy's was popular last time -- that's why I suggested it. But Targees, is OK, downtown (somewhere) might be OK, the Zoo has been fairly well liked (though parking there is difficult), and yes, the Alki has been fairly popular too. What is this Sorry Charlies?

Parking in various on-campus parking lots is free from 9 pm to 6 am weekdays, and $3 for parking from 4 pm to 9 pm. I don't know how diligently the UW police check for parking permits in the 7-9 pm period.

The parking lot by the Burke Museum is super convenient for the ave. Get on 45th Str. and turn south on 17th Ave to enter the campus. If you buy a parking permit at the gatehouse you can just ask for the Burke Museum parking lot. Otherwise turn right (west) at the first opportunity (about a ropelength from the gatehouse...), and then the parking lot is on your right hand. It's basically at the SE corner of 15th Ave and 45th Str. Pretty easy.

The College Inn is great! Let's go there. Big Time is OK (if you can stand hippie hippie fuck fuck people, otherwise you're probably better off not coming anywhere close to the U District at all, heh). I don't like Schultzy's very much but guess I don't really care.

Edited by fleblebleb

Is the weather getting to people? So much disagreement about where to drink tonight. A few good places have been listed. Let's make a decision.

Where to drink tonight?Ballard Alehouse (ok food, good drinks, plenty of space and parking)Schultz's (great food, good drinks, bad parking, but across from BigTime for after pub club pool/shuffle board - once they stop playing the string cheese stuff...)Targhees (downtown, bad parking, stiff drinks)Alki (parking ok, cheap burgers, cheap beer)Nickerson (bad parking, expensive drinks and food)

I don't know any of the other places. At this point I vote for the Ballard Alehouse, the Alki or Schultz's.

What is this Sorry Charlies place? Character and coolness?

Does that mean it is small, smokey, the drinks are cheap and the place is full of hardcore drunks? If that is what you're looking for, try the bar behind the Golden City in Ballard. There is no sign out front and no window, only a red neon sign that says "open" and a door. You go inside, walk around a darkened wall, and the place is decorated CA 1970, with cork and lots of mirrors and a unicorn. You can't get fat tire and they barely even have call-name liquor. But nobody is turned away and you can pick up a date any time you want. "Open" would never work for pubclub, but it is a fun place to go sometimes.

Hey Y'all, there's also The Sloop across from Stone Gardens, next to the VFW.

32 oz mug of Redhook $4

32 oz mug of Bud $3.50

Pool tables and who cares about how the food tastes.

Parking is free and ample. After my first Grade 3 B, Class 3.0 quarter, I'm at the Sloop tonight for a well deserved brewsky.

Edited by Pencil_Pusher

Matt, I am familiar with OPEN, the next to golden city nameless and signless bar, some times I go there on the way home from other bars for a little nightcap. I was so amazed the first time I saw that place.

Sorry Charlies is not quite like OPEN, though you hit Targies right on the head though. Sorry Charlies has a tiny bar area similar to the mecca but like the mecca it also has a dining room, which at night is an extension of the bar and can accomidate VERY large crowds. There is a piano player who is very old and know every song in the hundred of books in the back area, there is a mic and you can just tell him what to play and sing along. Let me tell you, there are some very interesting people that sing, which is alway a little annoying yet amusing all at the same time.

That's just an FYI, I'm not advocating going there, as parking sux but its worth checking out some time if you have never been.