Lodging Advice for Chamonix?

howdy-

Heading to Chamonix on August 2nd to meet up with an old climbing partner and climb some alpine classics. He's got a small apt there with his wife and 2 kids, and I basically don't want to stay at his place. SO I need some suggestions on best places to stay in cham while I de-jet lag for a couple days before heading up into the hills.

Also never been to cham, so I would like to be walking distance to downtown.

The only Hostel I can find that is available for my dates is the Chalet Haute Boheme B&B but it is a double room, and they are asking that I would pay the price for 2 people... Which makes 2 nights come up to just shy of $150. Granted that is cheaper than booking any other hotels that I could find through travelocity and the like.

There are also a myriad of campgrounds... But I will not have a rental car.

Should I just suck it up and pay for the two people for 2 nights?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vagabond hostel. Great fun. When I was there it was run by a bunch of brits. The Stella was flowing and it was fun. Probably a casual 10 minute walk to the heart of town. Can't remember the prices off the top of my head but it was reasonable. The room I was in had 2 bunks- a few nights there was just one other person , then the other nights it was full up. All people had similar outdoor interests.

I'd stay there again.

Have you tried the Chalet Ski Station? Nice place, super helpful owner, pretty cheap.

:tup::tup:

Super basic, but clean and close to town center. At winter rates, it was 1/2 the cost of the Vagabond, which is much more hip but costs it.