• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mike_m

Anybody been on the Tahoma recently?

I wish more climbers would report on the beta of the mountain and the conditions. It would help us all out and help the rangers as well

My friends and I climbed and descended the Tahoma Glacier this last weekend. (Sat. July 6th) We bivied at around 7800 ft. at the toe of the Puyallup Glacier on Friday afternoon and climbed it Saturday.

The entrance ramp at around 10k is still in decent shape. Route finding was of course challenging. Many of the snow bridges are melting out fast. We spent most of the time finding our way through and up the center of the glacier. The snow was firm well into the morning; however the descent was a bit of a bitch. We experienced warm temps and very soft unconsolidated snow, lots of post-holing to our knees and sometimes to our waist. I think in hindsight a carry over and descent down the DC would be a much better option.

http://foursquaremountaineering.blogspot.com/