A Month of Adventure (7/24-8/24)

Nate Ball

I am looking for a partner who is willing to commit to at least several days of living the dream. I will be back in the states on a month's holiday from work in Taiwan starting on July 24th. I have a significant tick list that includes moderate alpine and multi-pitch trad routes in Leavenworth, the North Cascades, and Squamish. I am a solid 5.10 trad climber. I will also have a Toyota pickup that gets 18-20mpg and can seat two comfortably plus a lifetime of dirtbag gear and your dog. I will be coming from Portland, OR.

Tick list excerpt:

* Mt Garfield - Infinite Bliss

* Icicle Creek - Outer Space

* Prusik Peak - West Ridge

* Index - Aires

* Forbidden Peak - West Ridge

* Squamish - Angel's Crest

Holla back, yo.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate, Ken. Ditto on my part.

I've climbed all on Nate's list w/ the exception of Aires in Index and would not mind repeating most of those on your list. I am also in Tacoma. I should be back to leading 5.10- after a few days on the rock. Lead 5.11- friction in Squamish last year.

Squamish has had an explosion of route development since the Olympics. Weeks and weeks of new stuff including many grade III's and IV's.

See you in the mountains!

Are you friends with Gabe Bruneau? I just spent a month climbing with him in Washington with AAI and he mentioned he had a friend who climbed a lot of trad, named Nate, and was living in Taiwan... coincidence? Anyways, I'm in Portland as well and would be super psyched to get out and hit some of those.

I've PM'd all of you. Please send me your available dates and where you would most like to climb. I would really like it if we could meet up for four days or more. Squamish and Icicle Creek will be the main destinations, with side-trips before or after. Thanks for the stoke, and looking forward to hearing from y'all.