[TR] Mt Jefferson - Jefferon Park Glacier via Woodpecker Ridge Approac 6/21/2013

bd2510

Trip: Mt Jefferson - Jefferon Park Glacier via Woodpecker Ridge Approac

Date: 6/21/2013

Trip Report:

Wojtek and I climbed Jefferson via the KER on Woodpecker ridge. We found conditions to be quite good except for some bad postholing through suncrust lower down. Snow and ice coverage is quite low, and there is not much snow below treeline. Mostly mixed climbing with a little ice on the summit pinnacle.

For a full writeup see my blog: http://nobolts.blogspot.com/2013/06/6212013-mt-jefferson-via-woodpecker.html

20130622_072149.jpg

Gear Notes:

3 pickets, 4 screws, nuts>BD#7, #10 hex, #1, #2, slings for horns, 1 60m light dry rope, crampons, 2 axes

Approach Notes:

leather rigid soled boots

Edited by bd2510

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice TR. was wondering if we would hear from who we saw up there.

us (2) in milk creek and on west rib. should have stuck with our original PDX leave time of 9pm instead of bumping to 10pm, along with keeping the gas pedal on effort going up (i was feeling slow having been up for 24hr+ at that point). immediate goal was just north saddle but sun on west face was our turn-around time.

JeffWestRib-09894.jpg

Nice work guys!

We knew they were either much faster than us or they would never make it.

:lmao:

Yeah, we should have started a little earlier to make up for sluggishness from lack of sleep. The bushwhack up the north fork of Milk Creek also wasted some time with routefinding in the dark. The snow softened really quickly once the sun hit it, so it was good to turn around when we did. A really nice day out there, though.