Foggy Glacier Glasses

matsfredrickson

I searched around the forums for a similar topic but couldn't find one. I have a pair of Julbo Montebianco glacier glasses and the lenses fog up very quickly when I wear them tight against my face. My only solution has been to wear them with the arms higher on my head to allow more ventilation but they don't stay on as well when I do this, nor are they very comfortable. I contacted Julbo and they suggested using Cat Crap, an antifog paste. This has helped a little they still fog up when I'm working hard.

Does anyone have a similar problem and, if so, have you come up with a solution that works? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

CAT CRAP for the win. Spray on CAT CRAP almost always leaves my glasses fog free. You can get it at REI. Get the spray on not the "paste" and spray both sides of the lenses BEFORE your trip (if it's like 3-4 days) and you can leave the bottle at home for the ultralight trip. I'd say after a few days, you'll want to re-apply. It worked great for me for a 3 day on Rainier in ok weather and a 2 day on Rainier in CRAP weather.

Wear less clothing and keep yourself from sweating.

Thanks for the replies, all. I could try a few different antifog treatments but I think controlling sweat is the key. Unfortunately I can't wear less than my soft shell pants and a tshirt, but I think a headband is in order to stop sweat from getting to my face.

Wear less clothing and keep yourself from sweating.

I can't wear less than my soft shell pants and a tshirt, but I think a headband is in order to stop sweat from getting to my face.

there are different types of softshells. I have a real thin pair of arct$$$$$ryx pants that I use in fairly warm conditions. Also, maybe a thin nylon pant which the leg zip off might be a good option. Tank tops too. cheap cotton bandanas are critical for me too in the summer. good luck.

maybe you should look into glasses which the side shields come off for when you don't really need them which is most of the time.

Kind of similar topic:

Does anyone know if there are glacier glasses out there that fit small faces? I've tried the Julbo Dolgans but they fog up like crazy and are too big for my face anyway. I have a small head, even for a woman, and the kids glasses are too small. I feel like Goldilocks here! Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.