[TR] Forbidden Peak - West Ridge 6/14/2013

PeakBeggar

Trip: Forbidden Peak - West Ridge

Date: 6/14/2013

Trip Report:

Two friends and I took a shot at Forbidden on Friday/Saturday and made it pretty darn close to the summit but turned around due to our inefficiency! The ridge has plenty of snow but there was another party up there in rock shoes (we wore plastics, even with crampons at times). Check out photos and video on my blog!

Video -->>

Blog -->> http://cascadiastan.blogspot.com/2013/06/forbidden-peak-west-ridge-near-summit.html

Any info on the story of the other party mentioned at the end trip report would be cool. They appeared to be having "an epic" - group of 4

Gear Notes:

used pickets, rock pro to 2", 2 60 meter ropes (3 climbers, also 60m raps in the couloir), left a biner up there for the raps

Approach Notes:

snow began at tree line near 5,000 feet IIRC. Road melted out

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info on the story of the other party mentioned at the end trip report would be cool. They appeared to be having "an epic" - group of 4

The group of four were friends of mine, they made it out safe, but late -- and a couple of ropes lighter after having a situation with their raps:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1106817/Left_ropes_on_W_Ridge_of_Forbi#Post1106817