"American Alps Traverse" completed!

timmy_t

I just read this on Jason Hummel's FB page. Holy shit, what a trip.

"Dream charging complete. Over 16 days, 60,000 vertical feet, 120 miles and a grand traverse of the Cascades is complete, something Cascade Mountains pioneer Lowell Skoog dubbed the 'American Alps Traverse'. A short story he wrote about his and others attempt to complete this adventure can be found here:

http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=7640.0

For those familiar with the Cascade Mountains, Kyle Miller and I skied the Isolation Traverse, Ptarmigan Traverse, Extented Ptarmigan, Suiattle High Route into the Dakobeds and up and over Glacier Peak and out the Whitechuck River. I finished off the trip by running to the Mtn Loop Hwy and hitching rides back to my car.

Much, much more to come."

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know about the Gilbert cabin, though I must have driven by it a hundred times over the years.

Same here. I happened to look up one day after getting back to the car from a trip in the Cascade Pass area and there it was, so obvious.

And I'm looking forward to the coffee table book on this trip that Jason had better get around to publishing!