[TR] Liberty Bell/ Petit Cheval - Beckey Rte/Spontaneity Arete 6/8/2013

NTM

Trip: Liberty Bell/ Petit Cheval - Beckey Rte/Spontaneity Arete

Date: 6/8/2013

Trip Report:

Sorry, no photos, just a quick conditions update.

Got out of work early on Friday and drove out Hwy 20 and did a quick lap on the Beckey route. Mostly snow from the parking lot that made for great boot packing even at 2p. Continuours snow in the upper gully meant no falling rocks! Wahoo! Route is snow-free and just as much fun as I remembered.

Saturday went to climb First Ammendment, but got a late start and changed plans to climb Spontaneity. I had done it before and thought the first pitch more or less went up and to the left towards the old snag. My partner started on the handcrack in the corner which had some loose rocks, then kept going striaght up instead of left since it looked easier. She accidently dislodged a HUGE block (she said the size of a goat) and somehow caught it on her lap and was able to set it down. We decided we must be off route, grabbed the gear and called it a day.

Any beta on the proper start? Were we on it and just found some loose crap or were we way off?

If you go up there soon be aware of a couple large precarious rocks on the slabs above the handcrack.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic