• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
skoolsukz

[TR] Mt. Stuart - Stuart Glacier Couloir 6/3/2013

Trip: Mt. Stuart - Stuart Glacier Couloir

Date: 6/3/2013

Trip Report:

Eiji Sugi and myself, Lance Colley climbed the Stuart Glacier Couloir in a day last Monday!(19 hours) WOOT WOOT! Awesome route! There were some tracks on the route so I've been expecting a TR already but apparently its up to me!

Anyway here are some pictures mostly for beta in case somebody out there is making plans for the coming weekend. The SGC was in awesome condition! The summit rock pitches had enough snow to make things interesting but nothing extreme. The North Ridge still has snow on it but I'm thinking that will be snow free fairly soon! For the whole story and more pictures here's a link to my blog http://upwardescape.blogspot.com/

Okay now for pictures. Sadly I forgot a real camera so these are with a camera phone but they aren't to bad!

Mt. Stuart

0527131559.jpg

Base of the North Ridge

0527131650b.jpg

Ice cliff glacier(it looked like the exit couloir still had a big cornice above it)

0527131649.jpg

Stuart glacier Couloir

0527131851.jpg0527131910.jpg

Conditions above the notch

0527132022.jpg0603131202.jpg

A look down to Ingalls Lake (snowy and frozen)bottom left hand corner

0603131602b.jpg

Gear Notes:

2 stubby screws

5 cams to a #2 C4

6 stoppers

5 slings

2 double slings

Camera

Approach Notes:

Mountaineers Creek

Nice work getting it done as a day climb!

I climbed the Ice Cliff Glacier this past Sunday (Sorry - no time for a TR) and can update on conditions of the Sherpa.

Full of snow and the schrund crossing is mostly filled in.

8974913599_3c7aacda77_c.jpg

We crossed on skiers far left as we descended the Sherpa. (RH side of photo)

8976063950_c8ffeca9da_c.jpg