Hood 4 Speeed

B Deleted_Beck

Howdy

How about a little friendly competition for this summer? See who's got the best time by September

My best time, car-to-summit, from last year: 2:59

That was the Old Chute in soft summer snow. Gonna see what I can pull out of the Pearly Gates this Friday... I think I'll break 2:45 easy. But obviously haven't done it yet!

Fast car-to-car times would also be interesting to see, though I won't be posting any numbers till when/if I get my splitboard system really dialed in.

Edited by Ben Beckerich

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3:35 today... not incredibly impressive. 2:45 was my goal, but sustained 25-30mph wind in your face, bottomless slush, and frequent barrages of wet ice will slow a guy down.

Right around 5:30 car-to-car, which includes 45 minutes descending the North Face desperately trying to recover my fucking jacket. Jacket not recovered. Super bummed... man I loved that jacket.

These times are sure certainly beatable... who's gonna do it?

3:35 today... not incredibly impressive. 2:45 was my goal, but sustained 25-30mph wind in your face, bottomless slush, and frequent barrages of wet ice will slow a guy down.

Right around 5:30 car-to-car, which includes 45 minutes descending the North Face desperately trying to recover my fucking jacket. Jacket not recovered. Super bummed... man I loved that jacket.

These times are sure certainly beatable... who's gonna do it?

Sorry about your jacket man.

The Elliot ate one of my water bottles last year... It was empty, but I'd still like to have it back. Couldn't talk Anastasia into fetching it for me...

She's really nice, but she has her limits...

d

Check out 17:00 in this OPB special on Hood

http://watch.opb.org/video/2217365691/

Yea, I remember that. Boyer's is the fastest time I've ever heard claimed. Absolutely balls out tearing ass, what's the fastest you could get down, skiing directly off the summit? Maybe 6-7 minutes? That'd put him at 1:55-1:59ish ascent time, 1/3rd better than my fastest time, and I believe there are athletes out there that are 1/3rd better than me... so it's perfectly believable.