Patagonia - kudos

iain

If a company operates itself in an environmentally responsible manner, I'm not going to hold it against them. And if the guy who owns the company actually cares about what they are making and how they are doing it, all the better.

However, if a company operates itself in a manner that I personally disagree with, then I will hold it against them.

I think Patagonia makes clothing that does the job it is designed to do. Dirtbags can abuse the hell out of it, and still look somewhat respectable up on the barstool afterwards. Sure, it's friggin' expensive, but I'd rather buy something once and have it for years than buy shit and have to replace it next season.

I actually went to the Patagonia store in PDX last weekend. It was good to drool on the floor instead of the catalog pages!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chevy and TNF are going to take it a step further and add a latte holder that can transition seamlessly between the console of the SUV and the accessory clip-in points on their new line of jackets.

Additionally, should the battery of the SUV go dead, it will be able to be jump started from the jacket (and vice versa).

RE:They're the ones they make now.

Sorry for not being in the know. I am sooo out of touch with that part of the universe. wink.gif

Do they have 15 lb frying pans hidden in the trunk? or toblerone shooting out of the door when you get into an accident? or do they have espresso makers on the dash? fruit.gif What's the return policy hahaha.gif

I realy like Patagonia as a company...Yet I find the the pants are invariably too long, cause I am a shorty and they don't have petiets. I did however just find out when we went to the store in PDX last weekend that if I take in my recipt from an alteration they will reimburse. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif that rules rockband.gif