Jeffery

B Deleted_Beck

Howdy

Little beta request for Mountain Jefferson... I want to knock over Jeff Park route, but have a time constraint, and have concluded that I could get 'er dun in under 24 hours if I bivy at the top of the moraine at 7400, carry my shit to the top of the headwall, drop ruck, go tag the summit, retrace the north ridge to my stuff at the top of the headwall, and descend the NW ridge to the PCT.

Having never experienced the notorious exposed ridge above the headwall- How down-climbable will it be for a competent rock climber? Should I take a little piece of 30m twin for a rap? Is there anything to anchor? Or has the technicality of this section been way over-stated and I'll have no problem scrambling up and back down?

Thanks gentlemen

-Ben

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly conditions dependent. I did Jeff Park last week and the Molar was not reversible. In dry conditions this may be possible but not sure right now because you'd have to down-climb vertical rime ice. Your other option is camp at 7000' and leave all of your gear there, summit, and then come down the Milk Creek glacier traversing the Russell and Jefferson Park glaciers back to camp. The Whitewater decent described on SP is really long with unknown conditions. We walked straight down Milk Creek and traversed under the rock, across the glaciers, and directly back to camp without having to climb back up anything. Decent only took three hours this way.