New to area, looking for partners

jmg123

Hey, I'm working in Bellingham for the summer before I finish up my last semester of school back east. It's awesome out here from what I've seen so far, but you guys and gals already know that I guess. I'm trying to get out and meet/learn from as many people as I can before I head back. Mainly I'm interested in skiing, but if somebody wants to show a newbie some trad skills, I would not be opposed.

I'm 22 and very fit, have my AIARE lvl 2, some basic first aid stuff from WMI, and I did a NOLS course like four years ago. I don't have much experience with glacier travel, but I've read Freedom of the Hills, and practiced building hauling systems on dry land to the point that I'm confident in my abilities. Still, I would like to get out with someone who is more experienced and who can teach me a thing or two, or three even.

Since I've been out here, I've skied Hood and Helens, and done some day tours in the Wa pass area with some cool new friends.

Things I'd like to ski:

Adams, Baker, Rainier, Glacier Peak, Cascade pass stuff- Eldorado looks cool. The options are seemingly endless, and I would be happy just getting out and skiing anything really. So feel free to contact me if any of that sounds like something you'd be interested in. I look forward to possibly meeting and learning from you guys. :tup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really a skier but if you wanted to march across any of the glaciated peaks you mentioned in boots or crampons or snowshoes, I'm always looking for partners (especially for N.Cascades objectives).

I know my stuff on a glacier and have my WFR from WMI.

Jeff

p.s. I'm 31, fit and have a bucket list of glacier climbs a mile long.

Whats up I live in Bellingham and am quite interested in hittin those same peaks. I am 19 and just finished a splitboard mountaineering course. Now im hooked and looking for partners. In the class I followed the beckey route on liberty bell and learned quite a bit about glaicer travel. Got avvy 1. Im taking a WFR course next week but after the 24th and am down to get after it after that!

That all sounds awesome. I'm still not working much as of right now, so odds are if you have something planned I'm probably available. Once the weather clears back up I'd love to get out. Hopefully see you guys out there!