Trip Reports

kevbone

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Later Kev, have a good time out climbing

I will....however it is still raining from time to time today....so we have to drive out and see what happens.

when you get back, post a trip report

with pictures

If I do it will be in spray where it belongs. :fahq:

And so you fail to deliver yet again. You still live in the world of the "non-contributor", yet you think it is cool criticize the efforts of others who actually do contribute. It is too bad you can't understand or acknowledge how bad that makes you look.

I want to be clear, I apologize for calling you an idiot Kevbone. I may believe so, but it isn't right to do so as an official representative of this forum. It is a personal reaction I have to a lot of the things you say, believe in, and your attitude. In my official capacity, I apologize.

From a personal standpoint I don't hate you Kev. I do think you have a wonderful family, you are a talented guitar player, and you are a great friend to many. I haven't met you in person, and given my schedule these days that isn't likely to happen soon. I always reserve my impression of someone to some combination of online and in person interaction, but sometimes I fail to remember that myself.

That said, though some of you may be happy with the way this board has been going or happy hanging out in this community we call CascadeClimbers as it is now, we as owners are not. We want to make it BETTER. For some of you that means just Spray and lurking on the actual reason we really are here (TRs and other non-Spray forums), and for others it is the opposite. Some of you it is both. But we as owners of the board want to see it all a little more vibrant and diverse, even Spray, and you should too. This is your resource after all.

However, for Jon and I it is a bigger picture, and we believe it is for you too. It means more to us than just being the hang out of a select few. The more people interacting with the site, the more TRs and more information we will have shared....the better the site. Often with quantity will also come some level of quality as well, even if there is a diverse level of quality.

And to that end, Spray isn't actually your personal playground were you say whatever you want. You may think so, but it isn't. It is a useful tool to allow climbers, skiers, and other like minded people interact about topics that aren't related to the core forum topics. It attracts people because they can discuss topics of just have fun chatting casually...meanwhile perhaps popping into other "core mission" forums to interact. As such, we view even Spray as something we may need to cultivate or correct if it has become stagnate. This board does not exist for Spray, regardless of what you believe Kev. This board has distinct forums that provide meaningful content on a variety of topics, and Spray is but an ugly tempter/temptress serving to siphon off topic discussion and protect the core forums. And it can be fun as hell, and as boring as this post.

So if you like the status quo, I have bad news for you. And if many people aren't interacting due to the participation of a few, we may even reserve the right to make changes there.

tldr: Kev, sorry for calling you an idiot. Changes may be necessary soon to make this place better. Please elevate the discussion or at least be funny, or a least funnier than this boring post.

And to that end, Spray isn't actually your personal playground were you say whatever you want. You may think so, but it isn't. It is a useful tool to allow climbers, skiers, and other like minded people interact about topics that aren't related to the core forum topics. It attracts people because they can discuss topics of just have fun chatting casually...meanwhile perhaps popping into other "core mission" forums to interact. As such, we view even Spray as something we may need to cultivate or correct if it has become stagnate.

The reality for some of us is we can't climb anywhere nearly as much as we'd like, and don't have cool TR's to post, beta to share, etc. as often as we think about climbing. So, yeah, we drop into the site, get some fill of good stuff in the other forums, then head straight to spray to spend some junk-filled cycles we'd rather spend climbing, and talking about climbing. :-)

Someone posts something that other people disagree with and they get buried up to their eyeballs in insults (see above for proof).

I refuse to read 4 pages of this crap so I'll stop after a few posts, drop my 2 cents, and get back to climbing.

Kev, you're wasting your life in front of the computer writing spray on cc.com. Go out and DO something. Then write a TR for whatever you've done - with pictures please - and post it. I will give you sincere positive feedback. Promise.

But your persona reminds me of someone I met in grad school who was incredibly annoying and knew it. He told me, "It is better to be hated than to be ignored." And therein lies the rub: you're just seeking any attention you can get. Better to turn off the computer and spend time with your family and friends - or do they hate you too? I sure hope not. Otherwise you'd be a sorry lad indeed.

Later Kev, have a good time out climbing

I will....however it is still raining from time to time today....so we have to drive out and see what happens.

when you get back, post a trip report

with pictures

If I do it will be in spray where it belongs. :fahq:

EVERYTHING IS SPRAY OMG I CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SHAKESPEARE AND A NUTRITION LABEL IM DUMB AS FUCK AND ITS ALL THE SAME TO ME WHEEEEE SPRAY ON SPRAYERS HAHAHAHA IF YOU DONT LIKE IT WHEN I SHIT IN YOUR YARD THATS YOUR PROBLEM HAHAHAH

And btw, does anyone want to speculate as to who ALLCAPS is?

Funny, I'd always assumed it was you, but thanks to my special moderator vision I can see you are indeed two separate ip addresses, and I doubt you'd hassle with the spoofing just to try and defeat my awesome powers.

Funny, I'd always assumed it was you, but thanks to my special moderator vision I can see you are indeed two separate ip addresses, and I doubt you'd hassle with the spoofing just to try and defeat my awesome powers.

Clearly ALLCAPS is "some kind of monster"...

Whats an ip addresses?