Rainier DC this weekend

Ascension

Good morning - I'll be skinning up to Muir Thursday morning and looking to meet up with a singlet or a group for a trip up the DC this weekend. I will have a rope with me as well as few pickets and screws if you are coming up solo. Planning on skiing from the summit.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to nail something down or maybe I'll see you up there.

RJ

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock climbing's an option. Leavenworth, Vantage, the Tieton River, and Smith Rock all provide better weather alternatives to riding the West Side Poo Train. Picking up partners for any of those places shouldn't be too hard.

There's a big, cold storm happening on Rainier now and through the weekend.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Thanks Tvashtarkatena - I may need to add rock to my repertoire As far as Rainier, I've been following the weather for a week or so. I'm hoping as the low weakens this weekend I might be able to get an opportunity to scoot for the summit.

Thanks Tvashtarkatena - I may need to add rock to my repertoire As far as Rainier, I've been following the weather for a week or so. I'm hoping as the low weakens this weekend I might be able to get an opportunity to scoot for the summit.

Well, play it conservatively. I'm no expert but high on Rainier is not a fun place to be in whiteout conditions.