Willis wall beta

COL._Von_Spanker

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No brave soul has attempted any of Willis Wall’s five known routes in at least 10 years, maybe longer, Mount Rainier rangers say. While climbers on other parts of the mountain cope with crowds and bottlenecks, Willis Wall’s reputation as the most dangerous place on the peak has helped the forbidding face stand alone and aloof. pitty.gif

That's plagerism (SP?) trask.

In response to

Poster: trask

Subject: Re: Willis wall beta

No brave soul has attempted any of Willis Wall’s five known routes in at least 10 years, maybe longer, Mount Rainier rangers say. While climbers on other parts of the mountain cope with crowds and bottlenecks, Willis Wall’s reputation as the most dangerous place on the peak has helped the forbidding face stand alone and aloof.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone ski Thermogenesis. After all, I don't think it is any steeper than the North Face of Mount Robson, and probably not all that much steeper than Liberty Ridge or Mowich Face. The only problem with it is that it lies beneath a calving icecliff.

Ski Thermogenesis? Oh come on. Could it be done? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe. It might be done yet for all I know. Who knows, really. I mean does anyone know? I don't. I predict that it MIGHT be skid skiid skied skeed skead oh in 18 or so, maybe 19, but in 6, NEVER! 1? Maybe....But then again, who knows. Is there someone out there comtemplating this? I'd like to get some names and numbers, please. Thermogenesis? Are we talking about teh same thing here? I predict 14. 14 is the number. Congratulations! bigdrink.gif

There were a few of us looking at skiing it but there are a few hourglass sections that might require raps... Still that is a long time hanging under that bowling aley. I am confendent that is will be skied this comming year... I may not be on the route but I will be certainly taking pictures.

You guys are all a bunch of cowards. tongue.gif

I plan on soloing thermogenisis very soon and skiing it. I am going to go supar-lite #1 alpine style. I will not be taking crampons or ice tools as I consider that aid, and I will only do the most extreme #1 style supar alpine climbs. I will however, be taking a stick of dynamite which I will shove up the proverbial ass of that ice cliff as I yell profanities and haul ass back down the gully. rockband.gif

There are more than a few people who have been eyeing that line for the past few years. They've just been a little quieter about it than some others. It's definitely skiable given the right conditions and timing. If you've seen what regularly gets skied in the Chamonix valley you know it's possible. But, it's a lot more effort to just "check out" the status of Thermogenesis than it is the N Face of the Midi or the Couturier and that is why it's so much harder to pull off. In my opinion, a great deal of patience and persistance is needed. It would be cool if somebody from the NW skied it instead of a Euro rolling in and poaching it.