Fucking thievs

glassgowkiss

My wife's Giant Glory and my Norco A-line were stolen in Whistler last night. If any of you guys find "too good to be true" deal, please let me know. We have serial # for Giant, filed police report with RCMP. They were pretty much worthless. Anyway, looks like 5K worth of gear went down the shitter. Hope asshole, who stole the bikes brakes his neck and is paralyzed.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh Tvash and Prole, you guys are such wits. The real laugh though is that thanks to ESL your double entendre misfired.

Bummer Bob, best of luck getting the bikes back. My daughter's bike got boosted last summer, and despite being a fairly distinctive mid 80's Raleigh Edge trials bike, its never turned up. Not that I don't still keep an eyeball peeled though...

My car was stolen and the police recovered it and it was filled with stolen stuff plus drug paraphernalia that I had to NOT vouch for. Then it was stolen again by the same people. I decided it was bad carma and let it go.

Did they find the Creedence?

if not, do they have any leads?

My car was stolen and the police recovered it and it was filled with stolen stuff plus drug paraphernalia that I had to NOT vouch for.

My brother had an opposite experience: his beater little pickup truck was stolen, and by the time the police recovered it about a year later the thieves had totally pimped it - new engine, new paint, new sound system, upholstery, tires, exhaust, ... the works. The truck he got back was worth many many times more than the one that was stolen so he sold it, bought another beater, and banked the difference. So sometimes the thieves get screwed in the end - it's all too rare, but it does happen.

And if I find out there isn't a special place in Hell for bicycle thieves, I'm gonna be pissed.

I have chained my bicycle in the woods near THs and have also drive a beater vehicle to destinations with no custom stereo and no obvious booty inside and no trunk because thieves will assume there are vast resources inside.

I have had my vehicle broken into and enough stuff stolen I have thought about planting a bait vehicle and waiting with a baseball bat or worse. I am not kidding and I am not alone.

To finish my car theft situation, the guy who stole it did $2.5K of work that I didn't pay for on a $5K car so my carma was cut in half.

The outdoor life involves some risk with transpo and gear. If we wanted no risk we would be on the couch watching Dr. Phil.

Edited by matt_warfield