borrow or buy northern spain climbing guides

Rad

Heading to BCN on May 28th and have about 5 days to do some climbing before connecting w my wife and heading to a conference in San Sebastien.

I'd like to buy or borrow the Lleida Climbs and Rockfax Costa Blanca guides. Are there others I should consider? Amazon and other sellers take too long (4-14 biz days).

If you have favorite places that won't be baking hot I'm open - looking for classics 5.11 and under. Suggestions for finding partners would also be great.

Many thanks.

Rad

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rad, I live in Northern Spain, well not Catalonia or Lleida which people here don´t consider the North, although it is in the North. The places we have here in Cantabria and Asturias are not as known as some of the places like Rodellar, but I would say they are around the same quality or better. I´ve had a pretty crazy year so far, but let me know what you need and maybe we can hook up to go climbing. I live in Cantabria which is less than two hours from San Sebastian.

Barcelona has some amazing climbing. Montserrat is really good. Costa Blanca will be way too hot this time of year. Forget about it. You´ll fry! Send me a PM with any questions you might have.

Northern spain open to interpretation- sounds like you're willing to travel.

It is a large country.

I spent 2 months bike touring and sport climbing there with my wife.

Sella and El Chorro are both some of the 5 star larger places you could climb at for a month. Awesome!

Summitpost.com is good for international destinations.