• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
tmccrea4

[TR] mooses tooth (ruth gorge) - ham & eggs 4/18/2013

Trip: mooses tooth (ruth gorge) - ham & eggs

Date: 4/18/2013

Trip Report:

the route was certainly classic, though we caught unseasonably low temps. i made a video documenting the ascent which can be found here:

BUT... the video you all should really watch displays the "cold truth" that can unleash itself sometimes unknowingly in the cold cold 'pine.

we were the first to summit the peak for the season, and the adventure did not disappoint.

frostbite freddie is hilarious. way to make something cool out of a sour thing.

nice job!

Nice. We were there last week. Did you climb the snice on P3? Most parties this year are calling that the crux and have been aiding with a #4. When we arrived, it was rumored that the only person to climb directly up the ice on that pitch was a soloist - obviously she made a heady lead! We got around it with a few dicey drytool moves.

Nice movie! Hope you got that toe looked at! :D

Did you have the pleasure of showing your toe to Dr O'Malley in Anchorage?

doc o'malley did see the toe... it'll be doin fine in not too long.

I know many who have endured Doc O'Malleys fine demeanor (my wife included). I hope I never get the pleasure! Glad to hear you're doing fine. Stay warm!