• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Khartoum Wood

[TR] Bellingham,WA - Raptor Ridge Repel,pursik over Chuckanut forest 5/7/2013

Trip: Bellingham,WA - Raptor Ridge Repel,pursik over Chuckanut forest

Date: 5/7/2013

Trip Report:

with good weather the last few days and very little time to do much more due to my work I set off for the hills.

Gear Notes:

Green Trails map of the chuckanut foothills,2 60M Ropes,ATC, 4 Pursiks 1 tied Texas pursik style for comfort,4 locking carbiners.I like to have 2 pursiks for my harness with 2 main pursiks and one wrapped with .

Approach Notes:

There are about a dozen trails that take you up Raptor Ridge depending where your coming from.

I will only tell you one.take the Interurban trail from Arroyo Park across the foot bridge take the Hemlock trail past Madrona View point and up to Raptor Ridge.

the pursik up takes around 2.5 hours back up and 1.5 hours climbing at a good pace.

4868.thumb.jpg.2504d453d6176d2e5fdd48e7399a54bb.jpg

4869.thumb.jpg.aee51687f4cc5cb900a5d3da846b7ca5.jpg

4870.thumb.jpg.720aa8b271e700813216df60c0a6d4c6.jpg

4873.thumb.jpg.3e35c6850f2911c0e56fb86299fd956a.jpg

4874.thumb.jpg.281b6ff0e58e058b6545c7d016b682dc.jpg

Edited by Khartoum Wood

Repel, def.; 1.to drive back, force back; hold off or ward off: as to 'repel' an attack, to 'repel' a blow.2. to refuse or reject, as to 'repel' advances. 3.to refuse to accept;to spurn, as, to 'repel' a suitor. 4. to cause dislike or distaste in; as, the odor 'repels' me. 5. to be resistant to, or to present an opposing force to; as,a plastic coating 'repels' moisture. 6.to fail to mix with; as, water 'repels' oil.

Repelling, def.; pushing away or driving back, etc., as above.

Rappel,def.; the technique of descending a rope by the use of friction to safely control the rate of descent.

Pursik: no such word found to exist.

Prusik (noun); a friction knot.

Prusik (verb); to ascend a climbing rope using friction knots. :grin:

I wish you for to submit this photo the humor photo category, oh dam, its too late, we have a winner!

DSC_7971.JPG

Edited by shapp

I get the sense you put together an imaginative solo adventure off the beaten track. Always good hear about such things! Would be curious to get a little more of the story on specifically what you did and how it went, though.

More likely to keep the peanut gallery at bay, too...