Need partner for Yosemite and High Sierras in June

NZClimber

I am wanting to do a trip in the last two weeks of June (I am flexible on dates). The current goals are the third pillar of Dana (10b), Mythral on Mt Russel (10-), and Red Dihedral on the hulk (10c). I am open to any other climbs as well. I would be looking for someone who has plenty of trad experience so we can switch leads, likes to get on the wall early, and is ok with roughing it. I live in Tacoma and if you are interested IM me and we can chat and meet up for a climb together.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm game for 3rd pillar and positive vibrations. There are some climbs near Russel I'd also be interested in. Tioga opened on the 11th so I don't think there was much snow this year.

Hopefully I can score some partners for right now so I'll be in shape. What's your schedule? I'm completely free right now; pondering where to go to find keeners (currently in Park City UT, might drive to the Valley or maybe Leavenworth).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey NZClimber,

Those climbs have been on my list for some time now. I do some type of climbing at least 3 days a week and workout another 3 days so I have the required fitness level. I have some time off at the end of June and the first couple days of July. I have a sufficient amount of trad experience for those climbs (I would send you a tick list but for fear it sounds too much like spray). I enjoy very early alpine starts and like roughing it. However, I have had bad experience with partners that claimed things (particularly early mornings) yet their definition of early was 9 a.m. As a result I would insist on a day or two of cragging together to determine if we are on the same page. I live in Portland and have a good flexible work schedule with many weekdays off. Wouldn't be opposed to meeting you at Index or Leavenworth etc. or Smith if you are interested. Prefer the less crowded weekdays. Any questions feel free to drop me a line and a possible climbing meet-up.

Web

Edited by wslavens