summer alpine climbing

DyP

I have a few climbing goals this season but always have a hard time finding partners off the cuff. Stuff on my tick list:

Ruth Mountain

Eldorado

Sahale Peak

Ingalls (South Ridge)

Anything SEWS/NEWS within my ability

Silver Star

Shuksan Sulphide (ski?) or Fisher Chimneys

Baker (North Ridge)

Squamish (Angels Crest? or some of the longer multipitch)

...or pretty much anything I haven’t done yet. I’d even repeat some stuff I've done before. Just want to get out. I like longer car-to-car pushes than overnight trips. Feeling strong this year and am good on crevasse rescue, but I'm a beginner skier. Some may be a little ambitious for me, especially North Ridge of Baker, so I’d only want to go with someone who is willing to take lead. I can lead 5.7/5.8 trad but can follow in the high 10s/low 11s. If any of you want to tag some of these, message me. I'm 28/f and live in seattle.

some stuff i have done for reference:

Baker Coleman Deming

Baker Coleman Headwall

Rainier

Adams

Daniels

Ingalls

Dragontail

Edited by DyP

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there - I've been looking to build a posse of girls in the same leading range that want to get out and make it happen this summer. I've got five years of mountaineering experience so far with loads of climbs ranging from a trip to the Bugs to a few of the volcanoes. Early season - now - I'm leading at 5.7. End of season it'll be 10a depending on the type of climb :)

Along your list Sahale and Shuksan via Fisher Chimneys match up with somethings I've wanted to do too. I also have kind of a long, but moderate list that includes a little more rock.

Anyhow, I was starting to think about Sahale for this weekend. The road is still closed at mile 20 - which adds an extra miles RT, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad on skis?

I'd also be down for a full weekend or day of cragging at Squamish or Leavenworth pretty much anytime. I live in Bham. - Lindsey

I'm a little late to this thread, but have a similar tick list. I have rock and glacier experience in the WA volcanoes, S America volcanoes, cascades, tetons, and the east coast. I work a M-F job so availability is limited mainly to weekends, but am hoping to get up a bunch this summer. 24/f and live in Seattle, if that is relevant. Anyways, will shoot you a message!