to all of the anti axis of evil sooth sayers

Scott_J

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH while running for president: "And I obviously thought about the record (Dick Cheney's voting record). And this is a conservative man, and so am I. But the thing that distinguishes Dick Cheney is, is that he can get along with others, he is a persuasive person. He can't stand the politics that divides people into camps and pits people against each other. He's going to be a great vice president."

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on this one DFA. Lott's words sucked. If Lott truly is raciest, he should resign immediately. There's no room for leaders with this itinerary.

I can dig that.

Washington Post Headline: "One Very Tough Day for Cheney:" "Richard B. Cheney likes to tell audiences how much he was enjoying private life before Texas Gov. George W. Bush asked him to be his vice presidential running mate. There were times today when Cheney may have wondered why he ever said yes to the request. The day began with a report in the Dallas Morning News that Cheney, who has lived in Dallas for five years, did not vote in 14 of the state's past 16 elections, including the March 14 primary in which Bush was a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. Later in the day, the Associated Press reported that Halliburton Co., the giant Dallas-based energy services firm that Cheney headed from 1995 until last month, maintained separate bathroom facilities for Americans and foreign employees at its extensive overseas facilities." [Washington Post, 9/9/00]

Dru, I'm curious ... are you with us or against us? I don't hear anyone bashing the Canadian government.

The canadien government doesn't do anything to warrent controversy .

Are you saying are you with us or against us as a government or the people that beleive in freedom of speach? What *makes* the US great is freedom to speak against the government even if you live in canada, and btw not every US citezen beleives that the current establishment is doing what is really good from many of it's citezens point of view .

There is no "us". Just look at Sean Penn.

In my opinion, this is part of the problem in America. In past days, despite our differences we were all "Americans." This has changed in recent years; to our detriment. This shift can be attributed to many different factors, so I won't attempt to pin it on one thing.

Sean Penn is an idiot. Doesn't he understand that, as a successful Hollywood actor, he is a prime example of what the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and radical Islam, hates? Sean Penn is a pathetic loser.

Edited by Greg_W

In my opinion, this is part of the problem in America. In past days, despite our differences we were all "Americans." This has changed in recent years; to our detriment.

When were those past days, 1) when some Americans owned others, 2) When Abby Hoffman was beaten for wearing the American flag, 3) when anti-Communist witchhunts forced many Americans to leave their own country and live in Europe, 4) when disco was king and everybody wanted to be Travolta? tongue.gif